Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default REMINDER!! Dont forget to mail your Doe Tag Applications Today!!!

The time crept up on me sooner for some reason this year. Just had to go out and buy my license. County Treasurers are accepting applications starting Monday, so today is the day to get them in the mail!!

Default Re: REMINDER!! Dont forget to mail your Doe Tag Applications Today!!!

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject I've never deer hunted in PA before but hope to this year.

I need to get my license from a place like Walmart or local sporting good store and then apply for tags for doe and buck separately this far in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance on this subject I've never deer hunted in PA before but hope to this year.

I need to get my license from a place like Walmart or local sporting good store and then apply for tags for doe and buck separately this far in advance?
    Yes. Well honestly, it depends. If you live in a WMU where the doe licenses sell out quickly, its always better to mail them on the first day. Some WMUs sell out quicker than others. They start accepting applications Monday, so your best chance of getting a doe tag in PA is by dropping the application in the mail today.

This is only for Doe Tags BTW. You get an antlered tag with your license and can buy them whenever

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    This is only for Doe Tags BTW. You get an antlered tag with your license and can buy them whenever
    One more question I assume you have your 2016 license before you can file the application for the tag's and can you get the applications online?

I appreciate the info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    One more question I assume you have your 2016 license before you can file the application for the tag's and can you get the applications online?

I appreciate the info.

Thanks
    Yes, you need to have a hunting license. The application comes as part of it. It is one of about 5 little yellow sheets. They also are supposed to give you a booklet that has an extra application in it and you also need one of those special pink envelopes to put it in. I realize this sounds complicated, but you fill out the application, write a check to the country treasurer for $6.90, and put it in the pink envelope. Make sure you fill both parts of the envelope out and put a stamp on each part.

Thanks again for the detailed info. Unfortunately today is planned for me but I will be getting it all squared away in the AM.

(Bucks County)

Mailed mine in, always seems to catch me completely off guard. Usually someone in our group remembers and starts making calls to everyone.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Yes. Well honestly, it depends. If you live in a WMU where the doe licenses sell out quickly, its always better to mail them on the first day. Some WMUs sell out quicker than others. They start accepting applications Monday, so your best chance of getting a doe tag in PA is by dropping the application in the mail today.
    Historically (you can track tag sales online in a few days) WMU 2G, 2H, and one from around Erie are the only ones to sell out in the first round. Other units usually have tags available when non residents apply and some have tags after that. The big difference this year is that there is only one week between the residents first round and the non resident applications. In the past, there were two weeks.

I mailed mine today (Saturday). The Somerset post office is literally across the street from the Somerset Courthouse. It'll get there in time.

Dale

(Montgomery County)

2F already issued 7500 on the first day. Those were some busy treasurers.
    2H about 2500 of it 6000

Check availability here
    https://www.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast