Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Facebook wars

(Erie County)

Default Re: Facebook wars

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I quite agree. About two weeks ago I had posted the following: Kinda strange that it didn't get a response from anyone disagreeing with it. My guess is that the anti gun people have too low of a reading comprehension level.
    Probably because nobody read it. Nobody reads anything over twenty words. Why Tik-tok is such a big hit.

(Allegheny County)

A midwife sounds great until your child needs everything modern medicine can offer to save their lives.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    I object to having my money stolen via taxation to pay for killing innocent babies.

Beyond that, i am libertarian AF .

You wanna smoke dope or dog poop, have at it.
    You wanna drink booze or battery acid, go right ahead, but dont expect me to pay for your hospitalization.

I know, I'm an idealist and that ain't the way the world works anymore.

But i can wish...
    I don't. I'd rather pay for abortions than "public education" all day long.

I know it is an unpopular view amongst yinz folks, but I believe abortion is a "social good" and benefits society as a whole. The more the merrier.

Other than that, I agree with you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    People simply don't bother reading wordy diatribes. Not here, certainly not on FB. There's a reason Twitter is a successful social media platform. Posts are limited to 240 characters. Brevity is key for communicating to today's attention challenged masses.
    Brevity is the solution for wordy people who take forever to get to their fucking point.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    A midwife sounds great until your child needs everything modern medicine can offer to save their lives.
    .,.and they're prepared for that. They're not above knowing when they need help and there have been very few instances where something went wrong, and they were able to get the mother to the hospital in time. I asked our midwife about it. In the 40 years she's been doing it, she's had about a dozen where they needed to go in, and she's delivered thousands of babies. I know this is going to sound crazy, but women have been giving birth outside of a hospital for thousands of years. Was infant mortality higher? Yup, but that could also be attributed to the age of the mother. They used to give birth younger and older than they do now, which is a big factor. Midwives are not just random people, they do extensive training, and the new ones intern with experienced ones for year before they're on their own.

We had 3 kids at the hospital and 3 with the midwife. The midwife was a much more pleasant experience. In the hospital if they feel the mother isn't progressing fast enough they start to push for a C-Section, relying upon the ignorance and the stress of the mother to accept that as a solution instead of just being patient and waiting it out.

I know a retired doctor that delivered about 5000 plain babies in his office with just the basic small doctor office supplies. Is it right for everyone? No, but it is something that mothers should look into.

As for cost, our insurance didn't cover our last one in the hospital, not sure why, but that cost $10,000, the last 3 at the midwife was $1970 each. Plus she offers a deal, if she delivers 12 of your kids the 13th is free.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Plus she offers a deal, if she delivers 12 of your kids the 13th is free.
    Ash, yes, the baker*s dozen discount. Very popular with the midwifing community.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Ash, yes, the baker*s dozen discount. Very popular with the midwifing community.
    I need to ask her once you get to 13, does the count start over at 1 and then you need get another 12 before the 13th is free again?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Pan sexual, wtf is that. Kinky cooking in the kitchen
    Will have sex with anything from animals to gay trans.

(York County)

Funny... I literally just posted that I finally pulled the plug and deleted my FB account. Good riddance.
    DGAF

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    .,.and they're prepared for that. They're not above knowing when they need help and there have been very few instances where something went wrong, and they were able to get the mother to the hospital in time. I asked our midwife about it. In the 40 years she's been doing it, she's had about a dozen where they needed to go in, and she's delivered thousands of babies. I know this is going to sound crazy, but women have been giving birth outside of a hospital for thousands of years. Was infant mortality higher? Yup, but that could also be attributed to the age of the mother. They used to give birth younger and older than they do now, which is a big factor. Midwives are not just random people, they do extensive training, and the new ones intern with experienced ones for year before they're on their own.

We had 3 kids at the hospital and 3 with the midwife. The midwife was a much more pleasant experience. In the hospital if they feel the mother isn't progressing fast enough they start to push for a C-Section, relying upon the ignorance and the stress of the mother to accept that as a solution instead of just being patient and waiting it out.

I know a retired doctor that delivered about 5000 plain babies in his office with just the basic small doctor office supplies. Is it right for everyone? No, but it is something that mothers should look into.

As for cost, our insurance didn't cover our last one in the hospital, not sure why, but that cost $10,000, the last 3 at the midwife was $1970 each. Plus she offers a deal, if she delivers 12 of your kids the 13th is free.
    One of my ex's was born on her grandparents' kitchen table, the grandma was the "midwife".

I was at the hospital when that same ex of mine gave birth to her 4th child. (not my doing, we were just friends at the time) The bill for that event was over $18K. ...no complications, they were only in there for about 12hrs and birth was given in a normal room(not emergency rm).

I can absolutely see why some folks would choose the midwife route over a hospital.

My birth in 1972 cost my parents $386. ...and mom needed 2 days in-patient recovery. Dad borrowed the money from his aunt, which he had paid back well before my brother was born 2.5 years to the day.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast