Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Impulse buy Glock 43. Love it.

I carry either a 19 IWB or a LCP in pocket. Wanted something in between those. Something in 9mm I can slip on as easy as the LCP but still comfortable and 9mm. Was debating between all the current popular single stack 9's. 43, XDS, Shield, PPSM2, Khar, etc. Ended up going for the 43 simply because I love the simplicity of Glock and I've been shooting my 19 for years. This is for carry, might as well go with a system I am used to. Going the appendix IWB route most likely, although right now it is currently in my pocket due to waiting on the holster to arrive. Also ordered some talon grips, and going to grab some vickers +2 extension kits this weekend. $9 a pop not bad at all. Base plate and spring.

Just got done shooting it for the first time. Couldn't be more happy. Functioned flawlessly of course... it's a glock... duh heheh. Ran Speer Gold Dot 124gr through it and winchester USA FMJ. I was pleasantly surprised how smooth this gun runs. I almost shoot it as good as my 19 believe it or not... at close range at least. With my 19 I can pull off 2-3" groups out to 20ish yards if I try hard, wouldn't expect to do that with this but at the 5-10 yard range this thing is better then I could hope for. Easy 1-2" groups at that range taking your time, 2-3" firing fairly quickly. Probably capable of better of course, that's just me. I did notice when hitting 10+ yards all my shots were an inch or two left. So need to practice my trigger control a bit more next time. Don't have that issue with my 19.

As far as recoil goes this thing is very very controllable with the pinky extension mag. The flush fitting mag not as much but still not bad. For its size and 9mm defensive loads I was expecting it to be much more snappy. Pleasantly surprised as I said.

Not much else to say. It's a single stack glock, you all know about it. I still kind of want to get an XDS though. I like the fiber optic sights and what not, but I'll probably be putting night sights on the 43 anyway. The PPSm2 felt great too, but my left thumb rested literally right on the slide release with a normal grip which I didn't like. Still very interested in that gun too though. That is all.

And one extra pic of my newly pimped out mid length

Last edited by JW1914; June 15th, 2016 at 07:22 PM.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Impulse buy Glock 43. Love it.

I love my 43, I set it up with vickers mag release and Taran tactical +1 and +3 base pads. I had xs big dots on it for a while but I recently switched to ameriglo hackathorns so the XS are in the classifieds.

The only down side to this gun that I haven't had happen with any other firearm is during recoil the bottom portion of the trigger guard tends to pound my trigger finger when the muzzle flips back. I can counter it by gripping my left pointer finger on the front of the trigger guard but I haven't trained that way so it isn't natural. I wish I could find a smooth faced trigger for under $150 also.

To AIWB carry I have a Phlster access and may carrier which I also love.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Butler County)

I too kinda impulse bought a 43. It's good and all that but I prefer the 19. More to hold on to, more rounds. Just my personal preference.

(Montgomery County)

Well of course. If concealment and comfort wasn't an issue then everyone would choose the 19. This fills in nice when I don't wanna carry my 19 which is often. During the week and stuff, quick trips out, long trips in the car etc. I'll still be carrying both, as well as my LCP too which still fills a role for certain places. I was just really impressed how well it shot for its size and what not.

(Montgomery County)

Holster and talon grips.

Holster is actually pretty good. $30 from amazon. I believe its from badger concealment (lol)

Talon Grips are fantastic as usual. Went with the rubber ones this time, I have the granulate on my 19 for years now and they are still holding up great.

(Butler County)

You say you like that holster? I've carried my 43 in a 26 holster (that's all I have) It will carry it OK but no retention. It's just too big and sloppy. No good for serious stuff.
    Off to Amazon I go.

I too bought the G43 on impulse last month and love it. Went to the store expecting to walk out with an XDS in 9mm or 45ACP. The Glock just felt right. Been carrying an LCP In a pocket holster-no confidence in that gun bc of the crappy trigger, and an engraved P238 but that gun is almost too nice to beat up. The P238 also is in an OWB holster but is still tight after one full year. Wanted something I could get out quickly so I bought my first Glock......paired with a Blackhawk IWB holster I can access it faster than any other gun I own. I see more Glocks in my future.

I must admit I wish Glock could have gotten another round in the pinky mag.
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; June 25th, 2016 at 02:08 PM.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Butler County)

Got the Badger holster off Amazon (real fast shipping). Comfort is OK, retention is great. Been riding my hip ever since I got it.

(Philadelphia County)

+1 for the soft Talon Grip. Everyone, including me, shot the G43 an inch and 1/2 low, oddly enough, the Ghost Connector fixed that minor issue. I added the Ameriglo Pro I Dot sights and it replaced my Kahr MK9 as backup.