Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Toomey is working with Bloomberg....no, he really is!

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    No sense in getting yourselves all worked up over this, this time there will be some sort of new gun regulations, it can't be stopped, and Toomey is not going to be the only republican involved in their making.

Calling and e-mailing his office will have no effect on his actions, just the same as those of you who will not vote for him, right now, he is in Washington, and he is in the drivers seat, not any of you, you say you will vote him out, well goody, goody for you, it still will not change the fact that he and others will pass legislation, that will pass both houses and will be signed into law by Obama, and even though you might vote him out of office, both he and Obama will leave office, but the law will remain and still be on the books.
    I like and dislike your post at the same time. It is a defeatist attitude, but sadly true. Good analysis.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I like and dislike your post at the same time. It is a defeatist attitude, but sadly true. Good analysis.....
    I disagree. It is worth writing and expressing your views. You can bet that the anti Gun crowd thinks that pro Constitution citizens are going to wilt. Toomey certaintly has. I wrote Toomey and my Representative as well. I let them know that I am not falling for the false "gun violence" narrative and that the real problem is radical Islamic terror. It is time for that to become the narrative. They are not going to solve that problem by infringing on Second Amendment rights. That is a phony and easy way out. Why not abolish gun free zones? ISIS threatened more attacks yesterday, all of the suggested venues are Gun Free Zones.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    You do know that they never receive the letters and emails, right? At best, if it's an issue that's hot in the polls, they may get a single page summary sheet.

The reason nothing was done after Sandy Hook was the ghost of 94. Votes matter. Period. If you want them to hear your voice then your contribution better be worth while. Really worth while at the senate level.

Letters, emails and calls are to make YOU feel that you made a difference.
    Maybe so.

But I can tell you this, last year after either San Bernardino or Oregon, Toomey started making noises about reviving gun control, and we BLASTED him by phone, email and on facebook. Within 36 hours he was posting a contrite video to Facebook totally surrendering.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Yes, I'm aware of how the process works; I've been at this a long time. On rare occasion a letter does actually get a personalized (non form) response. In general though, a box is checked on one or the other side of an issue as a method of gauging the majority public opinion and a form letter sent off.

However, are WE supposed to just lay down and take whatever they come up with? Please keep in mind that there are those in Congress/Senate/State that want to go FAR beyond the specific "watch list" issue we're discussing in this thread. Actually outright bans (with no compensation or grand fathering) of "AWBs", etc.. Take a look at the list of current bills in CA to get an idea of what the left would like the entire country to look like.

So where are all my "come and take it", "3%-ers" and "from my cold dead hands" compatriots when they are needed most? (philyd2, I'm NOT picking on you personally). So, maybe I'm banging my head against the wall by myself, and if that is the extent of our resistance, then I guess I'm the fool.

However, I personally will not go willingly into the night! It's time to pick a side and run with it for the distance. Silence only allows those with the loudest voices to force their agenda on the rest of us. Screw that!

Regards, Jim

You do know that they never receive the letters and emails, right? At best, if it's an issue that's hot in the polls, they may get a single page summary sheet.

The reason nothing was done after Sandy Hook was the ghost of 94. Votes matter. Period. If you want them to hear your voice then your contribution better be worth while. Really worth while at the senate level.

Letters, emails and calls are to make YOU feel that you made a difference.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

Yes, I'm aware of how the process works; I've been at this a long time. On rare occasion a letter does actually get a personalized (non form) response. In general though, a box is checked on one or the other side of an issue as a method of gauging the majority public opinion and a form letter sent off.

However, are WE supposed to just lay down and take whatever they come up with? Please keep in mind that there are those in Congress/Senate/State that want to go FAR beyond the specific "watch list" issue we're discussing in this thread. Actually outright bans (with no compensation or grand fathering) of "AWBs", etc.. Take a look at the list of current bills in CA to get an idea of what the left would like the entire country to look like.

So where are all my "come and take it", "3%-ers" and "from my cold dead hands" compatriots when they are needed most? (philyd2, I'm NOT picking on you personally). So, maybe I'm banging my head against the wall by myself, and if that is the extent of our resistance, then I guess I'm the fool.

However, I personally will not go willingly into the night! It's time to pick a side and run with it for the distance. Silence only allows those with the loudest voices to force their agenda on the rest of us. Screw that!

Regards, Jim
    So, in your mind the only two options are doing nothing and doing that which has no effect? Interesting way of supporting pissing in the wind.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Toomey to Introduce Legislation to Keep Guns from Terrorists (Toomey homepage)

“Bill Summary”, per Toomey homepage: “[...] allows the Attorney General to create a list of likely terrorists. Unlike other measures, there is prior judicial review of the list. The Attorney General must submit her list to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which verifies whether each person is rightly included on the list. [....]”. http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=news&id=1762

Fwiw, FISA court has routinely supported nearly all surveillance requests and, of course, "Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson told advisors that right wing extremists pose just as much of a threat to the country as Islamic extremists".

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/14/dh...ic-extremists/

It seems that pretty much anyone could wind up on Toomey's "list of likely terrorists".

Personally, I'm conflicted between voting for Toomey as the lesser of two evils, voting for third party or "None of the Above". I am sure that I won't be responding to his recent request for a campaign donation.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Toomey to Introduce Legislation to Keep Guns from Terrorists (Toomey homepage)

^^^^ i'll donate to his campaign.

he can have ten c.c.s of my ...."spirit"

and, he can drink it straight from the tap.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Toomey to Introduce Legislation to Keep Guns from Terrorists (Toomey homepage)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    ^^^^ i'll donate to his campaign.

he can have ten c.c.s of my ...."spirit"

and, he can drink it straight from the tap.
    Hahaha. Too bad there are limits on rep.

I'm of the mind set that I don't care if a Democrat takes Toomey's place. I think I hear some drums.... distant, but pretty sure that's the sound.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I'm all ears for suggestions phillyd2. Seems from your previous reply that I should cut a check for $100K or something and donate that to Toomeys' campaign. Am I right? How much do you think a no vote would cost us? Perhaps we can crowd fund it..............

Regards, Jim

So, in your mind the only two options are doing nothing and doing that which has no effect? Interesting way of supporting pissing in the wind.

(Delaware County)

Toomey discusses No Buy List on the Dom Giordano program. Dom does ok, but I would have liked him to have pressed Cartoomey on his exact position on an "assault weapons ban" and UBC.

Audio:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/aud...rdano-program/
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast