Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "No Fly, No Buy" - it's a deliberate deception (WashPo)

The Democrats are selling the Feinstein bill (from last fall) as "No Fly, No Buy" - but even the Washington Post agreed that this is a deception (two pinocchios): https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...list-loophole/

"The phrase, “If you’re too dangerous to board a plane, you’re too dangerous to buy a gun,” has been used to explain provisions in the February 2015 amendment introduced by Feinstein in the Senate, and Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) in the House. This message has been repeated by other top Democrats, including Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail and President Obama in his weekly address, calling on Congress to close the so-called “loophole” that allows individuals listed on the federal no-fly list to buy firearms or explosives.

The Senate rejected the amendment 45-54, largely along party lines. But the effort could continue on the state level, such as Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s announcement that he would sign an executive order banning people on federal terrorism watch lists from purchasing guns in the state. The Fact Checker obviously takes no stance on the proposal.

Feinstein’s proposal was more broad-reaching and nuanced than the catchy phrase that continues to be repeated. So we explored the provisions in detail." (see link)

"TSDB" - maybe 500,000 people, 1,500,000 names (? - secret) ... you're likely going to fly but you may be flagged.
    "No Fly" - maybe 50,000 people

There's no such thing as the "Terrorist Watchlist"

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: "No Fly, No Buy" - it's a deliberate deception (WashPo)

Maybe if you are too dangerous to board a plane, you should be in prison.

The no fly list is such BS. It prohibits a person from doing business with a private company and restricts their freedom of movement. On top of that, if you wind up on the list, you're screwed.

(Bucks County)

Regardless of the issue, it's my understanding that the vast majority of those on the list are non American citizens.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Regardless of the issue, it's my understanding that the vast majority of those on the list are non American citizens.
    How can we know this, the list is secret. Also, do non-citizens not have rights?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    How can we know this, the list is secret. Also, do non-citizens not have rights?
    It was just a data point. Feel free to make of it what you will.

(Bucks County)

The list will be used to circumvent, congress, the constitution, the courts and the law. Have you Leftards not learned anything in the last 7 years?? Honest to goodness stoopidity !!!!!!

And on a gun board no less. This country is FUBAR thanks to Left wing toadies
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The list will be used to circumvent, congress, the constitution, the courts and the law. Have you Leftards not learned anything in the last 7 years?? Honest to goodness stoopidity !!!!!!

And on a gun board no less. This country is FUBAR thanks to Left wing toadies
    No, the left wing toadies would just like some of the other toadies from killing any other toadies, just because they feel like it. And remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

(Fulton County)

I wouldn't make too much of a fuss about this becoming a law; with that being said, I fear that another administration such as Obama's would abuse the watch list and would put political enemies on it, just like the IRS was weaponized.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    I wouldn't make too much of a fuss about this becoming a law; with that being said, I fear that another administration such as Obama's would abuse the watch list and would put political enemies on it, just like the IRS was weaponized.
    That's my gripe with it... soon every member of this forum will be on the list I feel....

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    That's my gripe with it... soon every member of this forum will be on the list I feel....
    Pretty sure many already are on some lists...sayin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast