Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Reciprocity with Broome County

I know this area of the forum is pretty much a ghost town, but has anyone here applied for their NYS Non-Resident Pistol Permit? Do you own land in NY? Lastly, the biggest question did you receive it?
    Stay armed my friends.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Reciprocity with Broome County

I would also be interested in the answer. Too few folks in Susquehanna county to keep this from being a ghost town, too bad.

(Susquehanna County)

Bad deal for Susquehanna County Residents. We will have to go through the anal probe NYS requires to get a pistol "Permit" and have our handguns listed on the license by make and serial number. That of course means that your handgun info is going to a lot of different databases in various agencies who knows where. Don't get caught with a handgun not on the license! Also the judge must grant you full carry privileges (just because you have a permit does not give you carry privileges, the license must be unrestricted, not all are).

I have no experience with Broome County as to timelines but have had a permit when I lived in NYS. Took six months, no carry restricted to range and home, all handguns listed on license by serial numbers. Friends who had the right to carry were limited to two handguns that had to be designated on the license.

NY'ers can stroll into the sheriffs office in Montrose and apply here in PA and have a full carry permit in less than a week.

What kind of "Reciprocity" is that? I do not work in NY nor own property, so I am SOL.

I would be a criminal if I wandered into NY with my Gun and would go to jail, in spite of the fact that I once had a "Permit" in NYstate. They would parole a three time looser baby raper to make room for me in the greybar.

(Susquehanna County)

Sad state of affairs! Glad to be on this side of the border.

(Susquehanna County)

I work in Tioga County NY and applied there for my permit back in April. I am out of the country on business and my wife sent me an email that my permit has been approved.
    She works in Broome County. When they announced reciprocity she called Broome County Sheriffs office and was told if she did not own land in Broome county they would not issue.. even with her working there!

Great deal for Broome County residents, same old same old for Susquehanna county residents.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"