Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPAP

(Cumberland County)

Default NPAP

Any thoughts on this ? $459 new with 10 mags. Is the quality there? Is it worth it for a low capacity CAI AK ?

Default Re: NPAP

Living in a free state I would say no it's not worth it unless you have some weird niche to fill in a ban configuration collection. Single stack AK mags typically sell for a a few dollars each if I remember correctly the Npap ones may not be compatible with the WASR mags.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Any thoughts on this ? $459 new with 10 mags. Is the quality there? Is it worth it for a low capacity CAI AK ?

IMO, That picture shows an RPK receiver(OPAP) so it is worth every cent if you want a lo-cap model. OPAP and NPAPs are very nice rifles but they accept different forends and stocks so keep that in mind. You can always convert it over to high cap later on too.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    IMO, That picture shows an RPK receiver(OPAP) so it is worth every cent if you want a lo-cap model. OPAP and NPAPs are very nice rifles but they accept different forends and stocks so keep that in mind. You can always convert it over to high cap later on too.
    Maybe, some of the single stack yugos used a different bolt so that they can't be converted without buying a standard bolt.

It wouldn't be worth it to me, between a standard yugo stock set and the hassle of the conversion you're going to be over the $150 price difference between this and an n-pap.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Maybe, some of the single stack yugos used a different bolt so that they can't be converted without buying a standard bolt.

It wouldn't be worth it to me, between a standard yugo stock set and the hassle of the conversion you're going to be over the $150 price difference between this and an n-pap.
    This is true. That RPK receiver is worth the hassle though imo

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    This is true. That RPK receiver is worth the hassle though imo
    That looks like a manufacturing picture it may not be the rifle you get also head spacing a new bolt isn't always easy and wont be cheap. If he is buying it to leave as it is then it's his call for conversion it's a loss as compared to what's on the market right now. It maybe a good investment if everything go's tit's up and there's another AWB.

(Berks County)

Pass. You won't be happy and could have feeding issues with a single stack bolt. There's a reason it is $459.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks all. I was skeptical. Moving on, looking at a Zastava PAP M85 now in 5.56, Krink flash hider - seems interesting. $438 is good vs what I've seen ? Me thinketh prices will be going up again sooner than we thought !

(Berks County)

Don't do it...........

Trust me, just don't.

I got on one the cheap a while back and thought it would be easy to convert. Nope not even close,

Have to pull the two plates out by the magazine so the real mags will fit.

Then replace the bolt carrier with a bolt carrier that will feed over the real magazine.

Then either fill in the gap that will be there when you put a real AK stock on, or just deal with the gap.

Then hope you can thread the muzzle for a standard AK muzzle device.

Then try to drive out the plug and find a new pin, detent and roll pin for the front sight.

Then trim out the magazine well so the real AK mags can fit and hopefully not rattle around.

Then deal with the non-chromed lined barrel.

Just don't. You will thank me later.
    gotta love her ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks all. I was skeptical. Moving on, looking at a Zastava PAP M85 now in 5.56, Krink flash hider - seems interesting. $438 is good vs what I've seen ? Me thinketh prices will be going up again sooner than we thought !

The M85's are no longer being produced by Zastava due to other more important military contracts they have. That's a great price because what's in the country is all that's left.

I just sold mine a month or so back ran good but it just wasn't my thing if you plan to invest in a tax stamp one day it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast