Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I passed PICs no problem.

I was going to wait until Monday but couldn't wait. I waited a long time and was very meticulous about researching gun laws. I even spent a fair amount of money on records and a lawyer. I feel like I can breath easier now. I can finally enjoy hunting and shooting again. I got a Remington 870 12 Ga with interchangeable barrels. I want a 22 revolver next.

Default Re: I passed PICs no problem.

I just need to be careful if I go to a different state. I am clear under Federal and Pa state laws but I may be barred in other states like NJ. I am going to work on getting my Juvey record expunged. I can get my adult convictions sealed but not expunged.

(Bucks County)

Congrats!

Thank you. I got my life in order a few years back and was afraid I had lost something that I couldn't get back. I was careful to do the right thing and stay on the straight and narrow and it paid off. I am done with the crazy life style I lived during my teens and early 20s. I can go hunting with my uncle again and teach my nephew how to shoot and hunt in a few years when he'll be big enough. That's all I really cared about. The actual ability to own guns was never really important. I was afraid I had lost the ability to enjoy the bonding experience I got when hunting with friends and family. I have that back now.

On a side note I learned that Pa has one of the most unforgiving Judicial systems in the country. NJ is strict on guns but they hand out expungements like candy. Many states allow for adult expungements. Legislation was recently passed in Pa that allows certain adult convictions to be sealed but not expunged.

Hokkmike Guest

I have a friend now in his 60's that tried to get a marijuana conviction from his college days expunged. No dice.

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I have a friend now in his 60's that tried to get a marijuana conviction from his college days expunged. No dice.
    If it was an ungraded misdemeanor he can get it sealed but not expunged. People like me and him wouldn't even have records if we had been in a different state where it is decriminalized. However we could be felons if we were convicted in Arizona where any amount of weed is a felony.

I just thought I'd mention that I sought the assistance of a few local law enforcement officials in my area. All tried to be helpful as I was honest with them and was clearly trying to make sure I was following the law. I just mention that because certain individuals on here seem paranoid. I guess it depends on where you live. In my county most law enforcement officials are very pro second amendment including the DA. It didn't seem like anyone tried to stop me owning guns legally.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new acquisition and your restored 2A rights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast