Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Moving to Polk Twp, looking for details about firearm laws

Good afternoon everyone,

So many good details on this site, I've been perusing for some time, but for my county (Delco).

I'm hoping to close on a home in Polk Township in the next month or so. I was wondering if anyone knows of any resources that have details regarding gun laws and discharging on private property. The lot is about five acres and I was wondering if it's at all possible to set up a backstop on something of that size. Even then, are there any ordinances saying that I can't shoot regardless? I have a CCP if it matters.

I'm hoping for things to be relaxed, but I know every county is different. Any insight whatsoever before I move would be much appreciated. I take comfort knowing that it'll at least be better than where I live now.

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: Moving to Polk Twp, looking for details about firearm laws

You need to call the local zoning board and ask about the local ordinances I live right next door in Kunkletown and I can discharge on my properly providing I have a save back stop which I do. If I walk out my driveway and make a left and walk 2 blocks up the road I will be in effort who has different rules regarding discharging on private land as well as burning trash or leaves on your own property. Before I moved here 3 years ago this June I called all the local township zoning dpt's and asked and I know there were a few that said no discharging not sure if Polk was one of them.

Good luck

(Delaware County)

Thanks very much Hodgie. I really appreciate your insight. I plan on going to the board and asking myself once (if) the sale goes smoothly.

edit: Yes, this is in Effort.

Defiantly call to be sure before I moved I called at least a dozen local townships so it's hard to keep up. This is a pretty quiet area and a nice place to live especially if your retired or have a decent paying local job. Good luck with the move and when your settled in drop me a note I have some steel plates that need shooting.