Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PICS system hours

If I remember correctly reading another thread the PICS system only operates for 17(?) hours a day. Is this right? Any Idea what the hours are?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Franklin County)

Default Re: PICS system hours

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Awesome! Thanks man. I did'nt want to drive 45min each way only to have to come back because the system was "closed"

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbySomers View Post
    Awesome! Thanks man. I did'nt want to drive 45min each way only to have to come back because the system was "closed"
    FYI: the system might be down for other reasons at any given time, it is a good idea to call ahead and make sure PICS is up before driving there as well.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    FYI: the system might be down for other reasons at any given time, it is a good idea to call ahead and make sure PICS is up before driving there as well.
    With a 45-minute drive, it could change while you're on the way!
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    With a 45-minute drive, it could change while you're on the way!
    LOL very very true

Quote Originally Posted by BobbySomers View Post
    If I remember correctly reading another thread the PICS system only operates for 17(?) hours a day. Is this right? Any Idea what the hours are?
    You probably heard that from me. It looks like it is NICS, and not PICS, that is up 17 hours (8am to 1am).

I think there is definitely a market for a 24/7 gunmart, so I don't know why the government is trying to abridge our ability to buy firearms for anywhere from 7 to 10 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    You probably heard that from me. It looks like it is NICS, and not PICS, that is up 17 hours (8am to 1am).

I think there is definitely a market for a 24/7 gunmart, so I don't know why the government is trying to abridge our ability to buy firearms for anywhere from 7 to 10 hours a day.
    Their goal, IMHO, is whittle the hours down to "normal business hours".
    It's just another way to discourage as many people as possible from buying guns.
    Of course, As I stated, That is just my opinion.

Pennywise The Clown

(York County)

I've heard this discussed many many times, and not just here. I highly doubt that the system being down for a whopping total of 7hrs a day is a secret government agenda to abridge the rights the masses. It probably has more to do with the fact that there is most likely NOT a market for a 24hr gun mart. Whoes gonna work the 3rd shift taking phone calls for people wanting to by guns. Whose gonna work 3rd shift selling guns at places that are not normally open 24hrs already. I doubt places like Cabelas and Gander MTN are goning to stay open 24hrs a day for the once or twice a month that someone comes in at 3am looking for anything let alone guns. It just does not seem to make sense to me, fiscally that is.

I mean how many times have you been awake at 3am and said to yourself " I can't sleep. Guess I'll take some medication....hmmm...but I don't want to feel groggy in the morning. So I'll go buy a gun instead".

Dave
    3%

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I've heard this discussed many many times, and not just here. I highly doubt that the system being down for a whopping total of 7hrs a day is a secret government agenda to abridge the rights the masses. It probably has more to do with the fact that there is most likely NOT a market for a 24hr gun mart. Whoes gonna work the 3rd shift taking phone calls for people wanting to by guns. Whose gonna work 3rd shift selling guns at places that are not normally open 24hrs already. I doubt places like Cabelas and Gander MTN are goning to stay open 24hrs a day for the once or twice a month that someone comes in at 3am looking for anything let alone guns. It just does not seem to make sense to me, fiscally that is.

I mean how many times have you been awake at 3am and said to yourself " I can't sleep. Guess I'll take some medication....hmmm...but I don't want to feel groggy in the morning. So I'll go buy a gun instead".

Dave
    I agree with Dave... this isn't a conspiracy. There's just no 3rd shift gun market. Well maybe the black market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast