Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Mayor Bracey decries gun violence

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    Is not Mayor Bracey of York a She not a He?
    Never know these days. She may not identify as black either.

PAFOA decries political stupidity!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    York Mayor Kim Bracey

Mayor Bracey decries gun violence

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/politi...ence/84583184/

York Mayor Kim Bracey will support Wear Orange in conjunction with gun violence awareness next month, according to a city news release.

National Gun Violence Awareness Day is June 2, and Bracey will hold a news conference 10 a.m. Tuesday from council chambers at city hall to declare Gun Violence Awareness Day in York.

Bracey is encouraging people to wear orange on June 2 to support ending gun violence. She penned an editorial for YDR, calling for mandated background checks for rifles and noting her plan to speak in Harrisburg for gun control legislation.

She held a press conference in January with York City Police Chief Wes Kahley, seeking the public's help in curbing gun violence. December was a particularly violent month in York, with the city seeing 16 shooting victims in a 10-day period.

“I stand in solidarity with the Wear Orange project, in encouraging our community to put an end to gun violence, the senselessness, pain and devastation that has created in our York,” Bracey said in the release.

Wear Orange is a national movement to honor all lives cut short by gun violence, inspired by the friends of Hadiyah Pendleton, a 15-year-old Chicago high school student who was killed in gunfire, the release states.

Community members are invited to share their pictures wearing the color orange on the City of York’s Facebook page with the hashtag #WearOrange. Orange was selected by Hadiyah’s friends to remember her life, because orange is the color hunters wear in the woods to protect themselves and others, according to the release.
    There is no such thing as gun violence. I have never seen a gun one violent act.

That is the problem with liberals, they never place the blame where belongs, with the human heart. Since they can not blame people, they go after inanimate objects, like guns, Confederate flags, SUV's etc.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I think I speak for most of Pennsylvanians outside of York City when I say nobody else gives a fuck about Mayor Bracey. I never even heard of Mayor Bracey until now.
    Here, Here.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    York Mayor Kim Bracey

Mayor Bracey decries gun violence

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/politi...ence/84583184/

York Mayor Kim Bracey will support Wear Orange in conjunction with gun violence awareness next month, according to a city news release.

National Gun Violence Awareness Day is June 2, and Bracey will hold a news conference 10 a.m. Tuesday from council chambers at city hall to declare Gun Violence Awareness Day in York.

Bracey is encouraging people to wear orange on June 2 to support ending gun violence. She penned an editorial for YDR, calling for mandated background checks for rifles and noting her plan to speak in Harrisburg for gun control legislation.

She held a press conference in January with York City Police Chief Wes Kahley, seeking the public's help in curbing gun violence. December was a particularly violent month in York, with the city seeing 16 shooting victims in a 10-day period.

“I stand in solidarity with the Wear Orange project, in encouraging our community to put an end to gun violence, the senselessness, pain and devastation that has created in our York,” Bracey said in the release.

Wear Orange is a national movement to honor all lives cut short by gun violence, inspired by the friends of Hadiyah Pendleton, a 15-year-old Chicago high school student who was killed in gunfire, the release states.

Community members are invited to share their pictures wearing the color orange on the City of York’s Facebook page with the hashtag #WearOrange. Orange was selected by Hadiyah’s friends to remember her life, because orange is the color hunters wear in the woods to protect themselves and others, according to the release.

Orange is the right color, for sure. If the criminals who commit firearms crimes were given orange jumpsuits, instead of probation, not once, but two or three times, there would be far less gun violence,

I am against Democrat city mayors who run their cities into the ground with their liberal policies and then blame us for their failures.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I am against Democrat city mayors who run their cities into the ground with their liberal policies and then blame us for their failures.
    Hear Hear!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    There is no such thing as gun violence. I have never seen a gun one violent act.

That is the problem with liberals, they never place the blame where belongs, with the human heart. Since they can not blame people, they go after inanimate objects, like guns, Confederate flags, SUV's etc.
    That's right. No such thing as gun violence.

It's like saying we can stop music from happening by making it more difficult for musicians to obtain a guitar. Make people jump through hoops to obtain a guitar license, and even limit it to 4 string guitars rather than high capacity 6 string guitars. And certainly make evil looking black electric guitars illegal.

Some people use guitars to create music, but the music, much like the violence, starts in a person's heart. The music can still be made with other instruments, as can the violence. but it feels good to say you've taken steps to reduce music by limiting people's use of guitars.

Same ridiculous liberal logic.

(Chester County)

That's a great analogy. If you go to a concert, and see a beautiful Steinway piano, perfectly tuned, and operating properly, then the pianist sits down, and proceeds to be absolutely awful, and assaults you ears, do you blame the piano?

(Lancaster County)

Absolutely! We can't have that happening. Perhaps we make laws restricting piano playing to only those who have never offended anyone's ears by playing off key, or intentionally hitting bad notes. Outlaw 88 string pianos and only allow 48 string pianos to make the world even more safe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast