Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New Kahr CW380

Default New Kahr CW380

Just got my new Kahr CW380 in this week. I already have a CM9 and love it. Anyone have any suggestion on what to do to it from the start? Polishing ? Upgrades?

Default Re: New Kahr CW380

I've had the same pistol for about a year. There are some really good stickys in the Kahr forum about initial cleaning and lube points as well as break in procedure. I used these and have had trouble free weapon. No polishing or mods needed. It's been a great pocket pistol.

(Lancaster County)

Start reloading a bunch of ammo for it to keep practicing and to break it in well. Mine seems to do pretty nicely w/ 100gr Xtreme RNFP's over Universal.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Thanks for the advise. I had it out today at The Sportsmans Shop. 150 flawless rounds through it. I did polish up the feed ramp before taking it out, but it really didnt need it. Very accurate at 7 yards. I will be replacing the front sight. The stock one is a little hard to see in low light.

Good pistol with a great trigger and I agree the front sight sucks. The only over all upgrade you may want to consider is getting the forged slide stop VS the cast one it comes with. This has been really the only failure point of this pistol other then that it's golden.