Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Thumbs down Blazer 9mm ammo in aluminum casing

I think we're never buying this again. At least not for MY pistol!!! My husband doesn't seem to have any sort of issues with it but I have lost count of how many times it has jammed in my glock or just not chambered into the barrel. I'm sick of it. It's nice that we got it cheap but I guess now I know why. My husband is always telling me "oh you can put ANYTHING through a glock!" ummm...yeah I guess. Well he can put anything through his. I'll use whatever we have left of this junk but I'm sick of having to stop and check/unjam everything. Last night I actually had to remove the damn barrel because no matter what angle I looked in the light to check the chamber it really looked like there was something stuck in there. (and I simply was NOT going to look down the barrel!) I suppose now I know why it was so cheap but I am amazed that people buy this crap.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Blazer 9mm ammo in aluminum casing

Normally, it's reliable and clean burning. The only problem I have is: after a few hundred rds through my G19, once in a while I get a characteristic "horizontal stovepipe." I think that's due to the LCI extractor. Never any problems with G17s and Blazer, though. How clean was your gun at the time? What model Glock?

Of course you might have a bad batch of it.

(Allegheny County)

Not too much experience with Blazer in 9mm but I have probably shot upwards of 10K aluminum cased .40 and .357sig through my Glocks at various classes I have attended along with range shooting.

Blazer no longer makes .357sig with aluminum cases but I never had problems while they did.

I just shot a leftover box of .357 alum on Sat during a mini group shoot at PMSC and had no problems.

What model Glock. Any issues with other ammo?

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Luzerne County)

Curious too what model glock/cal.

Your glock should feed that ammo. If it does not you may have an issue (borderline) with the pistol or mag, that does not manifest with premium ammo -or- you could be inducing the issue through improper grip/limp wristing, etc.

If, in the end, after ensuring the pistol/mag/your form are a-ok... if the ammo was not 100% reliable it makes for good training fodder. Malfunctions are something we should all practice regularly. (search "tap-rack")
    Randomly inserted snap caps are the usual method but ammo that does not feed reliably is another way

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Your glock should feed that ammo. If it does not you may have an issue (borderline) with the pistol or mag, that does not manifest with premium ammo
    I'd be worried about that too. Aluminum cased ammo makes the extractor work a little harder. Normally, there's no problem extracting. But if your Glock is having problems, Blazer could be a sort of canary in the coal mine for you -- an indication that the extractor is dirty, weak, chipped, or somehow underperforming.

Best to understand it and get it fixed, since you don't want an undetected weak extractor on your self defense gun.

(Westmoreland County)

I've shot thousands of rounds of 9mm blazer thru my G19 without issue.

Not accusing you of this but a limp wrist is known to cause ejection issues...

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    Not accusing you of this but a limp wrist is known to cause ejection issues...
    I so miss read this... an other ej...tion word fit in there so well...

Never had a problem with Blazer, shoot it with 357 and on the 9mm's Mind you I dont have a Glock, that could be why I dont have the problem...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

No problems here with Blazer Brass, I avoid the aluminum.

(Pike County)

I have shot many rounds of Blazer, other than 38 RNL's that leaded badly I have never had a problem. I do not shoot them in my Ketec sub2000 9mm due to the recomendation of the manufacturer. Also, have never shot then in the Luger.
    Last edited by gf45acp; August 18th, 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast