Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Reciprocity Throughout

A simple title but all things simple become very complicated where politics is involved. With that in mind you gotta' love the simplicity of the 2nd Amendment.

I know some may feel this belongs in National politics, but - since all politics is local unless it's not - I feel that it actually belongs here since our representatives in Washington are well... from Pennsylvania and we can contact them locally.

In Washington the House of Representatives has a bill in committee calling for "Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015." HR 923 at last count had 80... strike that... 90 co-sponsors (53 signed on this year) calling for national reciprocity between the states.

Please go to click on the link to see if your representative from Pennsylvania is a co-sponsor. If not please contact your representative and press him to sign on to HR 923.

Co-sponsor list:
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...923/cosponsors

Thanks in advance.
    "From the files of Police Squad" - Frank Drebin

(Chester County)

Default Re: Reciprocity Throughout

Here's the Pennsylvania co-sponsors:

Scott Perry, District 4
    Glenn Thompson, District 5
    Keith J Rothfus, District 12
    Tim Murphy, District 18
    "From the files of Police Squad" - Frank Drebin

Perry is my rep, proud of him.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

A similar bill HR 986 has over 210 co sponsors.
    Last edited by gbrown221; May 14th, 2016 at 01:32 PM.

(Bucks County)

The thought of national reciprocity concerns me a bit because it could lay the ground work for a national standard for permits. I don’t want congressmen from NY, NJ, CA and other such states having any kind of say on requirements for PA residents. I’d rather just stay out of those states and not worry about reciprocity with them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Here's the Pennsylvania co-sponsors:

Scott Perry, District 4
    Glenn Thompson, District 5
    Keith J Rothfus, District 12
    Tim Murphy, District 18
    What? No co-sponsors from Philadelphia?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    The thought of national reciprocity concerns me a bit because it could lay the ground work for a national standard for permits. I don’t want congressmen from NY, NJ, CA and other such states having any kind of say on requirements for PA residents. I’d rather just stay out of those states and not worry about reciprocity with them.
    On a somewhat related note:

While listening to news radio during my morning commute today I heard a piece concerning the DNC coming to Phila. Apparently some of the delegates feel "targeted" by PA liquor laws, so legislation was passed to permit alcohol sales past 2:00am and allow purchase from other than state stores so they don't get caught up by PA's arbitrary and restrictive ordinances.

It's bad enough that they have a "rules for thee not for me" attitude, but to explicitly state the reason (above) that they passed it is just... just... I have no words...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    On a somewhat related note:

While listening to news radio during my morning commute today I heard a piece concerning the DNC coming to Phila. Apparently some of the delegates feel "targeted" by PA liquor laws, so legislation was passed to permit alcohol sales past 2:00am and allow purchase from other than state stores so they don't get caught up by PA's arbitrary and restrictive ordinances.
    It’s hard to support Hillary sober, I’m surprised they aren’t having the convention at a distillery.

(Philadelphia County)

You know... If this was to become a real thing

I believe along with this bill... There should be a requirement for proper training with said gun before you get your national license to carry (damn that sounds good)

I know I pissed you guys off and I know why.. But just hear me out

Maybe the Government and the NRA can come together on a 8-12 hour training class for a small fee along with the background checks, you qualify your skills with said gun to a certain score, you pass and get your license

It would give our ranges a lot more business to thrive as well. Though all that I said might be an invitation for more government oversight

Anyway... It was just a thought but by having a national concealed carry license opens up the possibilities of a lot more idiots with guns (thinking of the thread where an idiot stuffed a gun in his sock) and crazy people

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    You know... If this was to become a real thing

I believe along with this bill... There should be a requirement for proper training with said gun before you get your national license to carry (damn that sounds good)

I know I pissed you guys off and I know why.. But just hear me out

Maybe the Government and the NRA can come together on a 8-12 hour training class for a small fee along with the background checks, you qualify your skills with said gun to a certain score, you pass and get your license

It would give our ranges a lot more business to thrive as well. Though all that I said might be an invitation for more government over reach

Anyway... It was just a thought but by having a national concealed carry license opens up the possibilities of a lot more idiots with guns (thinking of the thread where an idiot stuffed a gun in his sock) and crazy people
    Only if we can get mandatory training for voting!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast