Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Training beginners at the range: how do I know if he/she is not prohibited person

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    So, out of curiosity, how much would it cost to have a liability waiver drafted that would say something to the effect of: I don't claim to know anything about firearms, or safety. I am not responsible for any laws you might break. If you want me to share some of my experience with you, I will, but you assume all responsibility no matter how bad things go wrong. (I'm guessing such a thing would have to be witnessed, or notarized?)
    Sorry fellas, I should have also clarified that my own litigation experience was not related to firearms training but the relatively less lethal real estate and insurance industries, but as with all business, some lessons are universal...

The problem with getting waivers, releases, indemnities etc. is not getting them drafted. You can probably do some research and draft one yourself, or pay an attorney to do it for a nominal fee. The problem is how much protection they offer you when the shit hits the fan, how opposing counsel picks them apart and how a judge or semi literate jury interprets them. In my experience, not much, so don't put yourself, your family or your assets in possible harms way relying on one.

I think as basically good Americans we think inside a box of fairness and how the world is supposed to work. Once inside a law office or court room, all that goes out the window.

Again, I'm not dissuading anyone from doing anything, just think about the worst possible outcome and work yourself back from that. Cover your ass.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Training beginners at the range: how do I know if he/she is not prohibited person

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    So you take people that are interested in guns to the range and shoot them ?
    Funny! After rereading it I see how it could be interpreted that way.
    Toujours prêt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234