Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Gun laws with online purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    All firearms bought via on-line seller must go through a background check at a federally licensed dealer.
    This is not correct. As a PA resident, I can lawfully sell a long arm to another non-prohibited PA resident with no background check or paperwork, even if sale is advertised and ultimately completed as the result of an online ad/listing (like the classified forums here). The involvement of the internet does not trigger any additional requirements. Type of weapon involved, location of buyer and seller, and whether or not the seller is himself a dealer are the determining factors, internet or not.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Haven't they always? It's their show.
    Yes they always have a table. I wondered about that now thing myself.

(Berks County)

Website is acting up lately. This was a double post.

(York County)

Dear Vic,

Sorry to turn a simple question into a chorus of responses. Yes, you CAN buy on-line if the seller is within your state of residence. That is IF the person/dealer is within Pennsylvania and you both reside there. (Silly me, I forgot that you might be buying from a local, private individual instead of one of the legion of dealers out there.) Trying to keep it simple and factual is too much for some folks with a topic fraught with asides and exceptions.

No wonder the media thinks people can JUST buy guns on-line with no restrictions. So to amend my original reply, you can buy on-line but need to use a dealer to finish the transfer. Unless the seller is within the state that is. If the seller does live here, why not just arrange to meet and buy face to face? Protect yourself and make sure you get a bill of sale and get the seller's driver's license information. YOu wouldn't want to buy a stolen gun or get ripped off. A form is available here on this website.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; May 10th, 2016 at 06:27 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Dear Vic,

Sorry to turn a simple question into a chorus of responses. Yes, you CAN buy on-line if the seller is within your state of residence. That is IF the person/dealer is within Pennsylvania and you both reside there. (Silly me, I forgot that you might be buying from a local, private individual instead of one of the legion of dealers out there.) Trying to keep it simple and factual is too much for some folks with a topic fraught with asides and exceptions.

No wonder the media thinks people can JUST buy guns on-line with no restrictions. So to amend my original reply, you can buy on-line but need to use a dealer to finish the transfer. Unless the seller is within the state that is. If the seller does live here, why not just arrange to meet and buy face to face? Protect yourself and make sure you get a bill of sale and get the seller's driver's license information. YOu wouldn't want to buy a stolen gun or get ripped off. A form is available here on this website.
    AMEN and Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Indiana County)

Dear Vic,

No wonder the media thinks people can JUST buy guns on-line with no restrictions. So to amend my original reply, you can buy on-line but need to use a dealer to finish the transfer. Unless the Private seller is within the state that is. If the Private seller does live here, why not just arrange to meet and buy face to face? Protect yourself and make sure you get a bill of sale and get the Private seller's driver's license information. YOu wouldn't want to buy a stolen gun or get ripped off. A form is available here on this website.
    Fixed a few minor things for you.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    This is not true.

I was watching the MSM and they all emphatically stated that I could purchase hundreds of firearms online and have them shipped directly to my house.
    EVEN IF I WAS PROHIBITED.

This only applies if you are the head coach of the New Orleans Saints.

(Indiana County)

To the OP,

Since you are new at all this, the best course of action for you is to find a local dealer that will accept the firearm for you who will then do the required paperwork and ask them to walk you through the process.

If it's a larger online dealer, they usually have a FAQ section that will explain the process.
    Some online dealers have a network of receiving FFL's on file you can choose from, others require your FFL (local dealer) to contact the seller.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Haven't they always? It's their show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Yes they always have a table. I wondered about that now thing myself.
    Hmmm, I guess I must some how have missed seeing their table then. Any idea where they typically put it? Near the front/entrance?

Have never seen a "Eagle Arms" labeled table before.

OP - if you can wait, and have the means to get there, see if you can go to the Oaks gun show, May 21-22. Very big show there, and there are A LOT of Mosins floating around. 2 good vendors I know of: Bri Gun's and GG Arms (something like that). Plus a slew more vendors selling Mosins. My personal recommendation about milsurp, it's always best to spend a few bucks more to be able to hand select or at least see what you're about to get. Not knocking online vendors (except Classic), but I've seen people get screwed, or get a less than desired rifle.

Good luck.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    This is not true.

I was watching the MSM and they all emphatically stated that I could purchase hundreds of firearms online and have them shipped directly to my house.
    EVEN IF I WAS PROHIBITED.

Obama and Hillary have said it too,so it must be true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12