Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Support a PA based gun related business

To all,

Dean Hess a former Air Force vet has started a business in PA. Take a look at his website and a nice review of his products:

http://www.bearmetalclean.com/

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...649#Post711649

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Support a PA based gun related business

Neat. Way too expensive. $20 for 300 swabs that last about twice as long as the $3 for 500 I get at Giant Eagle? Plus shipping? And, that's the "discounted" price? We're talking about a consumable commodity, here.

http://tinyurl.com/6fld9m

Lastly, I want to mention that I created this company with the goal to donate 20% of its profits to charities that that benefit active duty troops, military veterans or police officers. So every order received helps me accomplish that mission.
    I didn't know this part, originally. This, alone, makes it worth ordering from him.
    Last edited by kevindsingleton; August 18th, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added quote from review website
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Support a PA based gun related business

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dean and I am the owner of Bear Metal Clean, the company NoQtr has listed above.

My business is based in Hazleton, PA and I am a veteran of the U.S. Air Force having served 5 years as a member of the Security Police. It was there cleaning the M-16/M-4 weapons platform that I developed my need for improved cotton swabs for detailed weapons cleaning.

It took me 6 months field testing almost every type of swab that is manufactured including all the different medical swabs many of you have used. And even though most of the swabs look similar, their quality varies alot. I finally found the strongest, most durable swabs of them all and have brought them to the shooting community as G-Tip Gun Cleaning Swabs.

As kevindsingleton took note, these are definitely not your drug-store cotton swab and therefore priced that way. I know money is very tight out there and if you look at the raw numbers of how many G-Tips you get for the money versus buying other swabs at the drug-store or medical supply shop, the G-Tips are a hard sell.

But if you look at all the different tip sizes and shapes of the G-Tips, you can begin to see how much easier your gun cleaning session will go using G-Tips. And the toughness and durablity of the swabs tends to be more than double or triple that of traditional cotton swabs. In fact, some of my customers report that where they used to use 50 Qtips to clean their gun, they are only using about 5 G-Tips. Factoring the time saved and the quality of the cleaning you get using the G-Tips, the pricing doesn't seem so bad.

Basically ask yourself how much money you have tied up in your firearm collection and if the proper care and maintenance of that investment is worth purchasing the proper tools. If it is, then you will love G-Tips.

Finally, as mentioned, I created this company with the goal to donate 20% of its profits to charities that that benefit active duty troops, military veterans or police officers. So every order received helps me accomplish that mission.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns regarding my G-Tip Gun Cleaning Swabs, feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
    Dean C. Hess
    President/CEO Bear Metal Gun Cleaning Supplies, Inc.
    http://www.bearmetalclean.com
    "Always clean your gun to the Bear Metal!"