Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Renewal notices

(Montgomery County)

Default Renewal notices

All right, I guess I am looking to stir things up. As I read through different threads on CC there seems to be a common "thread" so to speak, many folks make the comment they are or were "disappointed they did not receive a renewal notice in the mail." You have to be kidding me, I realize you are expecting certain things from your tax dollars but one of those things should not be to act like a liberal and expect the government or the authorities to take charge of you and hold your hand.
    You need someone to tell you when your CC permit is going to expire? We are supposed to be the type of folks that take charge of ourselves, take responsibility for ourselves and not expect someone else to do it for us. C'mon MAN! I'm guessing because we are made aware of when our drivers license and vehicle registration expire by the DOT we have to be told when our LTCF expires as well??? Sorry, I'm sure I am overreacting but the people that state they are irritated because they were not aware their CC was going to expire and wish they got a "NOTICE" about it sound like liberals who expect to be spoon fed.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Renewal notices

The law requires a notice to be mailed out 6 months prior.

The law sets aside a fixed amount of the LTCF tax to be used for ensuring this occurs.

Failing mail ensure a LTCF holder receives such an application is not only a violation of the law, but Misuse of goverment funds.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jervboy View Post
    All right, I guess I am looking to stir things up. As I read through different threads on CC there seems to be a common "thread" so to speak, many folks make the comment they are or were "disappointed they did not receive a renewal notice in the mail." You have to be kidding me, I realize you are expecting certain things from your tax dollars but one of those things should not be to act like a liberal and expect the government or the authorities to take charge of you and hold your hand.
    You need someone to tell you when your CC permit is going to expire? We are supposed to be the type of folks that take charge of ourselves, take responsibility for ourselves and not expect someone else to do it for us. C'mon MAN! I'm guessing because we are made aware of when our drivers license and vehicle registration expire by the DOT we have to be told when our LTCF expires as well??? Sorry, I'm sure I am overreacting but the people that state they are irritated because they were not aware their CC was going to expire and wish they got a "NOTICE" about it sound like liberals who expect to be spoon fed.
    The problem is not that any of us need the reminder. The problem is that a portion of the LTCF fee (I believe it's $1.25) is designated explicitly for the mailing of a reminder letter with renewal application included. Any sheriff not sending out said reminder is stealing that money if they do not perform that required task.

"The law requires a notice to be mailed out 6 months prior"

I could only find a 60 day requirement in the UFA.

What is this "law" you speak of? I want to show it to my Sheriff.
    Last edited by fuzzywuzzy; May 4th, 2016 at 09:44 AM.

(Montgomery County)

So of course all sheriffs departments have boat loads of time on their hands to do such things and they are overloaded with staff who are hanging around doing "nothing." Seems to me they are busy processing CC permits. C'mon, again, that's the law that people are having an issue being broken, the mailing of a notice? We are concerned about the "stolen" $1.25, if in fact you can really consider it stolen? Also the impression I get from the posts I'm referring to is they just happened to look at their LTCF and realized it was going to expire, "why didn't I get my notice?" If the stance is as stated we are holding the Sheriffs Department to a certain standard and are expecting them to be on top of our renewal notices, I say they have better things to do.

You ain't gonna make many friends here with that kind of thinking jervboy.

(Berks County)

When I pay people to do something I expect them to do it especially when I am required to pay through coercion. If I'm paying someone to remind me of something I've determined that I can forget what they are to remind me of since there is no consequence for me forgetting. When they don't remind me, as required, I get unhappy.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(York County)

All right, I guess I am looking to stir things up...
    At the end of the day (got that saying from watching TV) - you don't renew on time you pay the price. Yea, the county (by law as members have quoted) is required to notify you but when they don't - you have no choice but to go through the process. I stress to my kids that even though you have the "right of way" when driving - if someone hits you (because you weren't driving defensively - even though it wasn't your fault) you pay the price dealing with all the inconvenience you go through. Personally, I have a "reminder" on my Calendar a month prior to expiration (as with all stuff that expires). Anyway - hang tough on some of the comments you get.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    You ain't gonna make many friends here with that kind of thinking jervboy.
    I can see that. I just feel like people are being hypocritical. Assuming no one on this site is legitimately LIBERAL, we consider ourselves conservatives and look for and vote in a way that promotes less government not more government. I know I don't need or want someone to have to remind me to renew my CC permit since I am on a forum that clearly promotes firearms ownership and work so hard to defend my 2nd amendment rights and respect LE because they put their life on the line every day!
    I cherish my right to carry a firearm and I have respect for my ability to do so concealed or otherwise, I know when my permit expires and I know I have to get that permit renewed 60 days prior to it expiring so I can enjoy the right for another 5 years, I don't need a notice in the mail to remind me.

(Juniata County)

So of course all sheriffs departments have boat loads of time on their hands to do such things and they are overloaded with staff who are hanging around doing "nothing." Seems to me they are busy processing CC permits. C'mon, again, that's the law that people are having an issue being broken, the mailing of a notice? We are concerned about the "stolen" $1.25, if in fact you can really consider it stolen? Also the impression I get from the posts I'm referring to is they just happened to look at their LTCF and realized it was going to expire, "why didn't I get my notice?" If the stance is as stated we are holding the Sheriffs Department to a certain standard and are expecting them to be on top of our renewal notices, I say they have better things to do.

Yes. I consider it stolen. It has one purpose, and one only & can be used for no other.

1 in 8 adults in the Commonwealth have LTCF. In a county of 100,000 about 80,000 are adults. Which means we are talking about more than 12,500 dollars. Assuming my brain is working today.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast