Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default I think "wii" have a problem....

So I got a wii for my kids...I was just checking out one of the games that came with it (got it on ebay) because it says it's rated T for teen. I looked at "why" it has that rating and figured I would preview it before deciding. It's Super Smash Bros. and my son kept telling me has already played it at a friend's house. (I was annoyed enough by this but anyway) so I put it in and....I am pretty fucking good with Princess Peach! Even my son was like WHOA MOM! You are REALLY good! Yes, I was kicking ass all over the place! I might be addicted.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I think "wii" have a problem....

I enjoyed the Zelda game on it and think you might have a blast with that or the first Rayman game. Also, Metroid Prime has a lot of good graphics.

(Lebanon County)

Oh yeah, we have some Zelda game that came with it...Zelda Princess something I think?

(Allegheny County)

jeez, you are going to make me get up to see the name. Twilight Princess.
    I liked it cause I love Zelda games and it was a fun game with lots of little challenges to do during the game play.

Do you have a wireless internet connection in your house? Have you tried hooking it up to that and seeing what else you can do? Like downloading some of the original NES games and playing them again...

(Allegheny County)

Last video game I was into was Ghost Recon: Summit Strike for the original xBox. Damn, I was a legend in online gaming with it... haha

If anyone played that on xBox Live, PM me... I probably "know" you.

Is the Wii fun? I was curious if the accelerometers become less sensitive over time or anything...?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Is the Wii fun? I was curious if the accelerometers become less sensitive over time or anything...?
    The Wii is way fun. I love playing with my Wii...

I haven't noticed anything becoming more or less sensitive over time. But I have noticed that the battery life of regular alkaline batteries suck (so use the lithium ones, last 3X longer), and the controls will make your hands sweat if you play for awhile (so go to gamestop or walmart and get a skin for it).

You and I are both in Pittsburgh, so if you wanna try it out one of these days, just let me know.

(Allegheny County)

We have had ours for over a year now, one of the first on the block to get it. I have not noticed any difference in sensitivity. I hardly play it, I'm more into the XBOX and PS2, but the boy plays it almost daily, so it has been used pretty hard.

We will be getting Madden 09 this week on the Wii, (I want it on XBOX but its only coming out on the 360 which we don't have) Looks like I'll be playing the Wii a little more

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    The Wii is way fun. I love playing with my Wii...

I haven't noticed anything becoming more or less sensitive over time. But I have noticed that the battery life of regular alkaline batteries suck (so use the lithium ones, last 3X longer), and the controls will make your hands sweat if you play for awhile (so go to gamestop or walmart and get a skin for it).

You and I are both in Pittsburgh, so if you wanna try it out one of these days, just let me know.
    I appreciate the info and the offer. I just might take you up on that. Especially if I can bring a few mix n match 6ers over...

(Allegheny County)

I appreciate the info and the offer. I just might take you up on that. Especially if I can bring a few mix n match 6ers over...
    Go for it. I've only had 2 beers up here in a year cause it is too much of a PITA to go to these "distributers".

(Monroe County)

Ironically Super Smash Brothers is basically the furtherest game on the WII from an actual Wii game... the controller is used like a regular console (and poorly I may add, don't even try using the wii-mote with it).

Wii is fun for parties... thats about it, the rest just gets really boring. Zelda was fun then it got annoying (there is no purpose at all to swinging the stupid wii-mote around to attack... *sigh*).

Some really fun games for "groups"... Mario Party, Mario Kart Racing, Boom Blox, the Wii Sports game.

thats about it. you have those ones and you are set for everyone.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast