Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates) Firearms Check In?

Given that MLB is now using metal detectors at all stadiums, has anyone checked in/stored their firearm with security at PNC Park?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates) Firearms Check In?

I'm interested in this as well since I'll be taking a trip out to Pburgh to catch a Pirates/Cubs game in early July.

I see there have been threads around here a few years ago regarding carrying @ PNC Park, but they didn't really hold any conclusions. Plus, now that there are metal detectors in place I'm sure its impossible to CC into the game without setting off the alarm.

A quick review of the PNC Park gate policies still states 'no weapons of any kind' allowed. I'm interested to hear if anyone had the balls to still try to carry into the game and challenge the policy, with any success or not...

(Allegheny County)

It's not a courthouse - I can't even remotely believe they would "hold" guns for people.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's not a courthouse - I can't even remotely believe they would "hold" guns for people.
    This.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

They have walkthrough metal detectors, but their security is pretty lax. Bags don't go through the metal detectors, and you're allowed to bring in backpacks and soft-sided coolers. They take a cursory look inside the main compartment of the bag, but they usually don't dig down to the bottom, and they never check the smaller pockets. Not that I'm advocating smuggling large metal objects into the ballpark....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    They have walkthrough metal detectors, but their security is pretty lax. Bags don't go through the metal detectors, and you're allowed to bring in backpacks and soft-sided coolers. They take a cursory look inside the main compartment of the bag, but they usually don't dig down to the bottom, and they never check the smaller pockets. Not that I'm advocating smuggling large metal objects into the ballpark....
    Like allot of places, they only practice security theater. I've set off the metal detectors at UPMC hospitals, pointed to my brass belt buckle and that was the end of it. As scruff said bag checks at most places rarely go past the main compartment.

However if a place is posted and you take a firearm in you are guilty of trespassing. My non lawyer interpenetration of the law is your looking at a summary offense unless you don't leave when asked then its a M3.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...tn=3&subsctn=0
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I didn't find it to be a stupid question. Despite it not being a courthouse, Citizens Bank Park in Philly allows you to lock up your firearm in their Command Ctr... or at least they used to as of a few years ago. So perhaps PNC Park has a similar way of handling firearms check-in?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser2447 View Post
    I didn't find it to be a stupid question. Despite it not being a courthouse, Citizens Bank Park in Philly allows you to lock up your firearm in their Command Ctr... or at least they used to as of a few years ago. So perhaps PNC Park has a similar way of handling firearms check-in?
    If I recall from reading on here, Citizens Bank no longer does it but Wells Fargo Center still does.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    If I recall from reading on here, Citizens Bank no longer does it but Wells Fargo Center still does.
    Apparently CBP will do it for police but not for us peasants.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser2447 View Post

I didn't say it was a stupid question, but the fact that you brought it up says something I think.

The difference between the foot traffic in a bank and the hordes of people trying to get into a stadium are two completely different animals.

I'm thinking "no guns" is the route they would take as opposed to "Gun carriers - we would be happy to hold those for you in a secure location while you enjoy the game!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast