Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Wallenpaupak sport Hawley

Quote Originally Posted by macguy View Post
    Im not that gun savy so when I filled out pics/nics I didn't look prior and didn't know until next morning when I looked over the gun.
    Something just doesn't seem right with this story. Even if you're not "gun savvy" if you ordered a Ruger and accepted a box labeled Smith & Wesson, that should have thrown up a red flag. I really have a hard time believing, any reputable dealer, which according to others on here he seems to be, would try to pass off a Smith as a Ruger.
    Also it was late at night when I took delivery. Mark came and opened up store as I couldn't get there until 9pm. We were both tired, so I never looked over the gun nor did Mark show me any details. So when i filled out nics, piccs, i didn't know what I was taking until after the sale and noticed the mistake next morning.
    Your trying to say you accepted an almost $1000 dollar purchase, with out even glancing at the item or even the box it was contained in. That doesn't seem logical for anything, let alone a firearm.

I would really like to hear the other side of this one. From experience on here and in real life, there's usually two sides to every story/complaint. The truth is almost always something in the middle.

Sorry for being skeptical, but what you are describing happening just doesn't make any sense. Any shop that would do what you are describing wouldn't be in business very long and wouldn't have people supporting them the way people do here. There would be a pattern of douche baggery that others would have experienced also.

(Lackawanna County)

I know a guy with like five of them. I'll just shoot his. Lol

(Lancaster County)

I was checking out lasers this week. Just like everything else, reading the reviews was enough to hurt my brain. People must get paid to like or hate a product. Or they just get off on giving bad reviews. And it is mostly the negative ones because their plight is so far fetched it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Something just doesn't seem right with this story. Even if you're not "gun savvy" if you ordered a Ruger and accepted a box labeled Smith & Wesson, that should have thrown up a red flag. I really have a hard time believing, any reputable dealer, which according to others on here he seems to be, would try to pass off a Smith as a Ruger.

Your trying to say you accepted an almost $1000 dollar purchase, with out even glancing at the item or even the box it was contained in. That doesn't seem logical for anything, let alone a firearm.

I would really like to hear the other side of this one. From experience on here and in real life, there's usually two sides to every story/complaint. The truth is almost always something in the middle.

Sorry for being skeptical, but what you are describing happening just doesn't make any sense. Any shop that would do what you are describing wouldn't be in business very long and wouldn't have people supporting them the way people do here. There would be a pattern of douche baggery that others would have experienced also.
    it was 9pm, I just drove straight from NYC where i work, and have been up since 4am. Neither Mark nor I looked. The other guy who I worked with week before, shown me the ruger and the smith, and I ordered the ruger, so i assumed when i picked up it was correct.

(Monroe County)

it was 9pm, I just drove straight from NYC where i work, and have been up since 4am. Neither Mark nor I looked. The other guy who I worked with week before, shown me the ruger and the smith, and I ordered the ruger, so i assumed when i picked up it was correct.
    hqdefault.jpg

(Susquehanna County)

Thumbs down Re: Wallenpaupak sport Hawley

I am confused by OP.
    If he put a deposit on a Ruger, and shop could not deliver, he should have requested his deposit back. If the shop would not return the deposit, he would have had some kind of legal leg to hop around on.
    In another post he says the shop owner met at the shop after hours and did the transfer, and that he didn't realize he took a S&W home instead of his ordered Ruger.
    Later he says the shop was unable to get said Ruger and offered him the S&W and he AGREED. But because of some latent claimed possible maybe defect he now has buyers remorse.
    He stated that S&W would not register the warranty because it was a 2013 serial number and therefor no new.. but within a few posts claims it actually is a new 2015/16 firearm.
    OP further states he only researched the Ruger and is a noob with firearms purchases.. in the other posts he talks about lots of business with this shop and even pointed out technical difference between the Ruger, S&W and Taurus.
    Then he is going to take the "invoice" for the sale to the PASP and ATF even though he signed the PIC/NIC

Best is talking about using this firearm to protect his family, aka Platoon, and himself from Grizzly bears in Alaska but later says he is going to travel around Western Canada..

With all the research I am wondering how OP plans of taking said revolver within on journeys around Canada?

sounds like trolls running loose
    Last edited by Parrisk; April 29th, 2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I am confused by OP.
    If he put a deposit on a Ruger, and shop could not deliver, he should have requested his deposit back. If the shop would not return the deposit, he would have had some kind of legal leg to hop around on.
    In another post he says the shop owner met at the shop after hours and did the transfer, and that he didn't realize he took a S&W home instead of his ordered Ruger.
    Later he says the shop was unable to get said Ruger and offered him the S&W and he AGREED. But because of some latent claimed possible maybe defect he now has buyers remorse.
    He stated that S&W would not register the warranty because it was a 2013 serial number and therefor no new.. but within a few posts claims it actually is a new 2015/16 firearm.
    OP further states he only researched the Ruger and is a noob with firearms purchases.. in the other posts he talks about lots of business with this shop and even pointed out technical difference between the Ruger, S&W and Taurus.
    Then he is going to take the "invoice" for the sale to the PASP and ATF even though he signed the PIC/NIC

Best is talking about using this firearm to protect his family, aka Platoon, and himself from Grizzly bears in Alaska but later says he is going to travel around Western Canada..

With all the research I am wondering how OP plans of taking said revolver within on journeys around Canada?

sounds like trolls running loose
    I remembered some of that, but good synopsis. Sounds like a Wakefield story, all it needs is a chicken and the op to profess his ability in the octagon.

I'm gonna bow out on this one. I forsee this thread going in the crapper very quickly. If anyone here knows the owner of this shop, try and see if he'll come on here and give the other side of this. I'd be very curious to read his side of events.

(Lackawanna County)

There's a good chance we might end up in his neck of the woods this weekend. If so I'll show him. He's not exactly one who likes the Internet though

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I remembered some of that, but good synopsis. Sounds like a Wakefield story, all it needs is a chicken and the op to profess his ability in the octagon.

I'm gonna bow out on this one. I forsee this thread going in the crapper very quickly. If anyone here knows the owner of this shop, try and see if he'll come on here and give the other side of this. I'd be very curious to read his side of events.
    My best course of action is displaying notices at the rifle ranges, one of which is near Mark's store. I was taken, and lost my hard earned money to this thief, Mark Strasser. I need to let people know and hopefully will be able to put this guy out of business by convincing new consumers to shop elsewhere.

(Lackawanna County)

You've got to be kidding. You fucked this up. Not him. There may be blame on both party here but he fact of the matter is you got what you Paid for. You just didn't check to see if it was what you wanted. He was nice enough to go back to the shop at 9pm probably because you were too impatient to wait and then you want to drag him through the mud for your mistake. Unreal

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast