Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Does anybody know anything about Snyder county or Perry TWP in PA?

We did a road trip this past weekend to visit a few places on the map.

There's a "farm" that hasn't been farmed for a long while, especially since the owner got paid around $78,000 to sell the first 27 acres to the US Gov't (out of around 147 acres) for wetland preservation around 2011, according to the documents I paid more than your S&W 59 costs.

From the house to the ridge of the hill is around 1000 yds - yeah, we lazed it. I guess those .50 cal rounds will land on someone else's cow pastures. Gradual up-sloping terrain, not a boulderfield, etc. Recently logged maybe a year ago and 10 years ago.

Right. I'm just letting you know that until we get the angles of fire figured out, there isn't going to be a PAFOA shoot there.

There's a barn and a silo which has had nothing done (mostly, since the 1950's). But it's still standing. I have no clue what it costs to replace a barn these days, but the interior stuff looks great (WTF am I looking at?). Pigeons or lazy birds everywhere. Lots of nitrogen on the floor - good for a garden?

OK, so you're at the house. Think of it as an upscale hunter's cabin - with around 1600 sq ft on floors 1 & 2 and an attic. There is a high-ceiling basement that only "leaks" in one place. Superior basement walls.

We were disappointed with the following and no offence intended for those PAFOA members who think this OK:

1. We spotted 5 tree stands and one tent in our 'walk'. Probably missed another 6 or more

2. There's an over-riding federal permit for 27 acres to be preserved as wetlands. Yes, I downloaded the permit at much expense today. Basically, I have no rights for those 27 acres.

3. The downstairs laundry room (and bath) have a toilet. So if you're doing laundry, you have to step around the toilet. WTF?

Ummm, there's more than a few pluses and minuses we left out, but folks everywhere came over and introduced themselves (mostly I think to protect their hunting rights - "he always said I could hunt on his property and didn't have a problem with me and the fellows setting up tree stands", "there was a white deer here - can you see a pic of it on my IPHONE?":

1. I'm a blacksmith and if you have any questions about this property and the previous owner, I can tell you...yes we heard stories on boundary disputes.

2. I'm a neighbor and have a key to the house. They pay me to fill up the outside stove 2x per in colder weather just to be sure things are working out. While I didn't think you were suspicious, you just never know. Hey, if I shoot a deer on my property and it runs over into yours, are you going to ding me? (My answer: only if you can't spell your name correctly in the snow.)

Folks everywhere there were great neighbors. And we hadn't dropped a dinner off anywhere. But they just wanted to get to know their neighbors before the neighbors moved in.

We really need help on what are we missing?

Some of the obvious ones:

1. How you gonna shovel your way from the detached garage to the front door?
    2. There were four different Kubotas in the barn - the neighbor said you only needed one.
    3. There was about a $1,000 collection of bolts, washers, nuts, etc that you needed if anything sheered off.

Oh yes, we did stop at a local gun shop nearby and ask what ranges were available nearby. The owners looked at each other as if we were from the planet Mars and said while there are eight or so ranges nearby, most folks just shoot off their decks or the back of their homes. Saves the $25 membership fee per year.
    Last edited by bamboomaster; April 26th, 2016 at 10:11 PM.
    - bamboomaster