Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Optic Mount for Glock

Does anyone have experience with this Optic Mount from ALG Defense? It appears to use the Stock Pins to hold the Optic above the Slide to minimize the effect of recoil.
    The cost is quite a bit more than the price difference between buying a new Model with MOS or NEW Without but it is cheaper than buyring a new gun if you already own a non-MOS pistol.
    Thanks

http://algdefense.com/6-second-mount.html
    http://algdefense.com/alg-6-second-m...black-372.html

(Chester County)

Default Re: Optic Mount for Glock

No experience with the mount. That being said, ALG is GTG. Fantastic company, a Giessele spin-off. You should have good success with it.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Berks County)

Yeah I watched a Giessele video on YouTube about their items for Shot Show. I am going to pick up a NEW Glock in the next couple months and considering an MOS version but the idea of having the Optic above the slide makes a lot of sense.
    Per ALG the Mount fits several models

Good Morning Steve
    Thank you for contacting us. The ALG 6-Second T1 and RMR Mounts are machined from 6061-T6 aluminium and are designed for Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glock 17, 22, 24 31, 34 and 35. Have a great day, feel free to contact us at any time.
    Regards
    Haakon
    ALG Sales Associate

(Bucks County)

Re you looking for a rail mount or prefer a slide mount. If a slide mount then Springer Precision makes a mount that fits in the dovetail:

http://shop.springerprecision.com/pr...&categoryId=30
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Philadelphia County)

I shot the ALG 6 second mount quite a bit and it's awesome. It's definitely G2G, and by mounting the optic forward on the firearm its easier to reacquire target after each shot. It's also nice that the optic is not mounted on the actual slide, that way nothing is changing as far as firearm operations are concerned (slide weight, etc).

I only wish they made one for a Glock 19.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

I'm looking into a red dot for my G19 lately and from what I'm reading is the red dots work much better with BUIS. The best way to mount seems to me suppressor height sights with the slide milled.

Ive come across this recently and it dovetails into your rear sight channel, has BUIS already attached and something like a vortex mini red dot has a lifetime VIP warranty incase the slide beats the optic to death.

https://dueckdefense.com/shop/firear...iple-red-dots/
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lawrence County)

Having shot a lot of irons and red dots on pistols, I think it helps a lot to keep the optic as low as possible. Going suppressor height is a big adjustment for some.

Lycanwouldn'tgothatwaythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cumberland County)

I have no experience with the ALG mount but I have been CCWing a glock milled for the Trijicon RMR for 2 years now, first a Glock 22 and now a Glock 19. Mine are milled with suppressor height BUIS. I think milling the slide is the way to go if you are looking for CCW. It will limit your choices to a specific red dot but it will allow you to mount it as low as possible.
    I think the ability to use BUIS is critical because if you pull the pistol and the red dot is off screen somewhere you have no point of reference without them and then you are left searching which, of course, is never a good thing. I have found that the fastest thing for me is the XS Big Dot sights because they are super fast to acquire close enough to get the dot on the screen and then you can switch focus to the dot for the precision that people often complain is lacking from the XS sights.
    Also, Milling is as cheap as that mount that you are looking at.