Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Matamoras Rod and Gun Club Action Pistol Match 4/24/16

Hello Everyone,

The first Matamoras Rod and Gun Club action pistol match of the year will be held April 24th, 2016 at the Matamoras Rod and Gun Club. Please register at the following link as online registration is highly preferred as we will be moving to an electronic scoring format this year.

https://practiscore.com/matamoras-ac...istol/register

You can also search for the match on the practiscore home page.

Final set up begins at 730am

Registration opens at 9AM

Registration closes at 9:30am

Safety briefing and walkthrough at 9:40am

FIRST SHOTS AT 10 AM.

Match costs are as follows:

Matamoras club member $10

Non member $15

Junior shooters Free

There will be 6 stages with a minimum round count of 104. The stages are attached for your review but are always subject to change due to weather and/or range conditions. Lunch will also be available in the clubhouse this year as we have had a volunteer step forward to offer to provide us this service. Thank you Holly. The cost of lunch will be in line with the cowboy action lunch and cost will be $7.

A shoot off side match will also be offered this month. This is in the same vein as the 3Gun Nation style matches with two shooters going head to head to complete their assigned targets and the first shooter to finish will advance to the next round. It will be a double elimination format. Cost of the sidematch is $3 dollars. Round count will be determined by the number of shooters and how far you advance. I'd bring plenty of ammo!

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns. As always, please feel free to pass the registration on to your fellow shooters. Thank you and see you Sunday.
    Match director email is matamorasactionpistol@gmail.com

Nathan

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Matamoras Rod and Gun Club Action Pistol Match 4/24/16

For those interested, I will state up front this match is not sanctioned by IDPA or USPSA. It runs very much like a mix of the two. More USPSA style rule sets with IDPA scoring and targets. There are no cover requirements, no reloading from cover or any of the rules that leave some scratching their head. In the future provided I don't want to hurt myself the matches will probably go to a uspsa format completely. I look at it as the perfect venue to get your feet wet. If you are going to come show up and watch bring your stuff. You're going to be bent you didn't just shoot it. If there are any questions please let me know.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Matamoras Rod and Gun Club Action Pistol Match 4/24/16