Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Exclamation PA Primary Delegates

I am embarrassed to admit I did not know this, but am putting it out there to help any others in my situation.

PA will be sending 71 delegates to the RNC. Of these, only 17 are committed to the statewide winner. The remaining 54 delegates – 3 from each of the 18 voting districts – are listed on the ballots without their candidate affiliation. According to one of the articles I found (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...a_primary.html ) some of the delegates are basing their vote on the statewide winner, some on their district winner, some for a particular candidate, and some who have not yet decided. A portion of all of them indicate they are only voting that way on the first RNC ballot, with no indication which way they would go if more than one ballot is needed.

The radio ads I heard suggest contacting the candidates’ campaigns to determine which delegates will be voting for them. Google might be a place to start. I will not tell you whom to vote for, but to enter the booth not knowing about this in advance could lead to results other than what you desire.

Vote Tuesday 4/26
    Vote Early, Vote Often oops, wrong party

(York County)

Default Re: PA Primary Delegates

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I am embarrassed to admit I did not know this, but am putting it out there to help any others in my situation.

PA will be sending 71 delegates to the RNC. Of these, only 17 are committed to the statewide winner. The remaining 54 delegates – 3 from each of the 18 voting districts – are listed on the ballots without their candidate affiliation. According to one of the articles I found (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...a_primary.html ) some of the delegates are basing their vote on the statewide winner, some on their district winner, some for a particular candidate, and some who have not yet decided. A portion of all of them indicate they are only voting that way on the first RNC ballot, with no indication which way they would go if more than one ballot is needed.

The radio ads I heard suggest contacting the candidates’ campaigns to determine which delegates will be voting for them. Google might be a place to start. I will not tell you whom to vote for, but to enter the booth not knowing about this in advance could lead to results other than what you desire.

Vote Tuesday 4/26
    Vote Early, Vote Often oops, wrong party
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=301621&page=3 See post #27
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: PA Primary Delegates

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Thanks for the link (really, thanks), but shouldn't someone have put that kind of information in the POLITICAL sub-forums - like I did? I don't go to the Lounge since I already spend enough time here, so I never saw that.