Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Vote 2A for the Primary

I'm expecting a stranger to show up and suggest Hobson.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Should we pick someone to write in? I doubt the message would be received without a show of unity.
    Relevant section highlighted below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilthepilot View Post
    I just got this email.

Toomey Announcement Press Release

Pennsylvanians For Self-Protection (PA4SP) a non-partisan, non-profit gun rights
    advocate based in the Southeast yesterday recommended it's members to write-in "2A"
    for 2nd Amendment when voting in the Republican U.S. Senate Primary. The write-in
    vote is a protest for Senator Pat Toomey's strong support for gun control legislation. As
    Toomey is running unopposed in the Primary Election, the write-in vote is symbolic and
    a message to Toomey. PA4SP cites Toomey's campaign ad where he is endorsed by a
    board member of the anti-gun group CeasefirePA as the final straw. In the past,
    CeasefirePA has called for laws that would restrict the rights to own and purchase
    firearms placing them at the mercy of criminal predators.
    [snip]

I am going to consider doing this. I would like him to see the results of this symbolic effort. I write to him and get the same bland non-answers back from him as does everyone else. Thist way, if Toomey does win in the general election he will have to think twice about pushing his back door gun registration scheme with Manchin. I believe that Toomey is foolish to think that his support for hearings on Obama's Supreme Court nominee or his CeaseFirePA applause is going to get him very many Dem votes. When a PA Democrat with even more anti-Constitutional views gets nominated, the Dems, including CeaseFirePA are going to support that candidate. If Pennsylvania voters really care about the 2A, they are going to have to run an pro-2A candidate (little chance of that) or cross party lines and vote for Toomey to protect their rights from completely being dismantled. I just doubt they will do that. Wolf, Kane, the Dem candidates for AG, all tend to prove that point.

(Montgomery County)

I'm in for it.

I'm in for the write in.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I've received the same message from several sources and think I'm going to do just that. I'm curious what Sen Toomey thinks about this, so I just wrote him. Here is my email:

Senator Toomey,

Many of us (your Republican constituents) are upset with the various anti 2A stances you've taken over the years, while still claiming your support for it. Your bill with Sen Manchin was felt as a big stab in the back to your supporters.

I'd like to get your opinion on a current movement to write in "2A" at the Republican primary in lue of you, and for you to take this opportunity to show a real commitment to the 2A and all of our firearms rights. FYI, here is the statement:

Pennsylvanians For Self-Protection (PA4SP) a non-partisan, non-profit gun rights
    advocate based in the Southeast yesterday recommended it's members to write-in "2A".............

(Edited out the rest for the post as you've all seen it.)

...............Pat Toomey has betrayed legal gun owners. It is important for legal gun owners to let
    him know it.

Thank you for considering my point of view; I'm very interested in your reply.

So, If I get a reply, I'll post it here. The way I figure, this just gave him a chance to make a statement one way or the other; let's see how he rolls.

Regards, Jim

(Bucks County)

why not?

Jesus hates a pussy.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

I could be wrong, but I think Toomey knows his gun control law measures will never go anywhere. However, he throws that stuff out to try to capture the more moderate vote. His district is pretty blue, and he knows he has to attract some moderates.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think Toomey knows his gun control law measures will never go anywhere. However, he throws that stuff out to try to capture the more moderate vote. His district is pretty blue, and he knows he has to attract some moderates.
    whoring himself out for a ride on the black tie is not a good way to get votes. doing a good job is.

it won't cost him his seat, but it'll sure as shit get the point across to the lightbulb headed little fuck, now...won't it?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    whoring himself out for a ride on the black tie is not a good way to get votes. doing a good job is.

it won't cost him his seat, but it'll sure as shit get the point across to the lightbulb headed little fuck, now...won't it?
    They ALL whore themselves out in one way or another. Toomey picked out Universal Background Checks.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast