Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Tell US About Your Glock!

Tell US About Your Glock! What model you own, and how do you carry it.

(Allegheny County)

G17 carried in either a bianchi carrylok (auto retention pancake style OWB) or uncle mike's IWB...depending on what i am wearing.

i love it. i bought it used. it was manufactured in the mid 90s. in many thousands of rounds i've had exactly 1 FTF(eed) and a couple of failures to lock back on empty mag--all the result of the same worn out magazine spring (a used mag i paid $10 for that worked fine for a few months).

(York County)

I have a G30,(.45) a compact version of the G21. i added a Pierce grip extender for my pinky. i carry it in a Bianchi IWB leather holster. it shoots great and is easy to carry and conceal.

(Montgomery County)

The one I carry is a G26. It mostly rests in an Alessi CQC/S hanging on a Wilderness 1.25" Frequent Flyer belt. I also have a 1st gen Sidearmor IWB and an Alsessi Ankle rig. These handle 99% of every carry problem that I need to solve.
    I would love to carry a 21 (.45 ACP) but I cannot keep it covered OWB.

(Lehigh County)

I have a Glock 17. I bought it used from a friend of my son. Great gun and cheaper to shoot then my S&W 40 cal. When I carry I put it in the Fobus the PO gave me with the gun. After I bought the Glock I bought two 17 round mags. These mags are much easier to load then the 10 round mags that came with the gun. The weekend weather is going to be great, so take your Glock for a walk.LOL Jay

(Westmoreland County)

Default Glock

I have a glock g26 and a g17 I carry the 26 most of the time in a desantis cozy partner.

(Montgomery County)

I have a G17 with nightsights, police trade in, first gen.

I dont carry it. I'm not happy enough with any 9mm to carry it except as a backup caliber, so i carry either a 1911 in 45, or a HK USP45 compact.

almost all my primary carry guns either have 357 MAG on them, or start with a .4 and higher. 10mm, 44spl, 44 mag, 45acp, 45 colt.

the glock 9mm is perfect for quick defense, or a pack gun for camping, plinking, or an emergency gun etc, my opinion on that is based on its availability of hicap mags to 33 rds without going to a drum.

mine is kept loaded with 100gr LE Softpoint +P+ ammo made by Hirtenbirger...thats some ugly ammo, does like 1600 something out of a glock and opens like soft butter on hitting flesh:-)
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Erie County)

Default My Glock 19

I bought my first gun last October (on my 21st birthday ). That gun was a Glock 19 which is a smaller version of the Glock 17 & 18. Now, I realize that Glocks aren't for everybody since they don't have a external safety but I must say that I am 100% satisfied with my G19. It was the perfect "beginner" gun for me, small enough to conceal at the 3 o'clock position with my cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holster and ammunition doesn't break the bank.

Default Glock upgrade

While I dont totally dislike the Glock, I tend to prefer my Sigma because the grip simply fits me much better.
    This being said, when we had a full line of Glocks at the GPGC, 4 of them had to be returned shotrly after hitting the range for malfunction and real slude lug breakage.

Seems Glock as had a 6 step improvment on the table because of malfunction and or breakage. Glock did not call this a recall, as it would force them to call back and repair all Glocks out there, they prefered to call it an "upgrade". meaning it is up to the consumer to contact glock and see if they want/need to pay for the upgrades.

To see if you have an upgraded "refurbished" Glock look for the 1 in front of the serial number.

This page talks a bit about the upgrades http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html#ad

Some of the Glock damages can be seen here http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/greatest_hits.html
    Last edited by Frenchy; August 6th, 2006 at 01:15 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Chester County)

Howdy folks, just found this forum today.

Glock 26 in a Don Hume 715-M SOOT (snap-on open top). After a couple weeks of breaking in the holster, the fit is excellent. Retains and reholsters well, although I did have to do a bit of reshaping of the leather around the trigger guard to ease reholstering.

Comp-Tac C-TAC Slide is on the way too.

Only put 210 rds through the pistol so far, though... need to get out to the range again sooon.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast