Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    If you had made there would have been three. I will not host another.
    Well that stinks, sorry to hear that. I did really want to come. I got held up around Baltimore that morning and needed a little shut eye when I got home. Even if you don't do another one, shoot me a message sometime and maybe I can make the trek up that way for a range trip. Once school starts again I have a lot more free time during the week.

(Tioga County)

If people want to shoot together, just work it out. I'm just not going to rent the range again. So the range will be open to others. I'll add the pistol range is almost never used..
    USNRET '61-'81

(Allegheny County)

Sorry it did not pan out for you.. and Im sure you invested a good bit of your own money.. THAT SUCKS!.. I looked at this shoot.. but at an 5 hour + drive one way it wasn't in the cards.. ARE there a lot of people on this Forum in your area? If not that could be part of it..
    One thing for me is these things Blow a lot of ammo ... so having 4 or 5 a year to go to is not too bad.. But more and more are popping up.. + gas money..It gets a bit much for me sometimes.. So I limited myself to the 4 local shoots and two Mid state shoots this year.... Next year We will most likley do the same..

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Sorry it did not pan out for you.. and Im sure you invested a good bit of your own money.. THAT SUCKS!.. I looked at this shoot.. but at an 5 hour + drive one way it wasn't in the cards.. ARE there a lot of people on this Forum in your area? If not that could be part of it..
    One thing for me is these things Blow a lot of ammo ... so having 4 or 5 a year to go to is not too bad.. But more and more are popping up.. + gas money..It gets a bit much for me sometimes.. So I limited myself to the 4 local shoots and two Mid state shoots this year.... Next year We will most likley do the same..
    Not enough locals I do suspect. Yes, I put some money into it renting the range twice was about 300. I could have got my cleaning deposit back but I donated to the club for their woman's shooting thing.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

Yes we probably need to recruit more local members for PAFOA. Anytime I come across someone I think might be interested I direct them this way. In the end regular forum posters for any topic are a rarity I think.

I think July is a tough time, people are often busy, on vacation, kids out of school, all that. This is typically a busy time for me and I am not even around at the moment. A match I shot earlier this month only attracted half the crowd it usually does.

We should keep the line open for something in the future and if we do split the costs or source another option. There might be an option out there that doesn't cost anything.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678