Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: 9mm AR Compatability - CMMG/PSA

The ATI has a AR 15 standard style charging handle with an extended lever on the left side, a plus for sure. The Palmetto has a standard AR 15 style handle-just needs and extended lever, don't really need a whole new handle. The main difference in these ar 9mm pistols is the blow back bolts. The trigger packs both look like mil spec GI. As I said earlier both guns shot well and I preferred using the red dot on both versus the back sights. I think if I do any trigger replacements in these I will limit the dollars to $150.00 or less. These of course are not long range shooters I could see going out to 100 yards with the 10 .5 inch Palmetto if I SBR it because at 25 yards using cheek weld technique I shot a 1 and a 1/4 inch 8 shot group with 6 shots in one hole and two flyers. With an actual stock and a better trigger short range shooting should result in real small groups. I would expect several inch groups at 100 should be the norm or may slightly smaller. I have never bothered with 9 mm carbines in the past. I have shot my 9 mm and 45 pistols on my 16 inch gong at 100 yards a lot easy to do , I am sure that a 9mm carbine could do that all day long. I am going to toy with both till Tuesday when they will get torn down for Camo in cerakote, I am currently out of show display rifles and pistols that's why I bought these two to experiment with. I am now thinking that I might just go ahead and get the Palmetto 9 mm rifle -16 inch barrel also. I would like the Sig MPX carbine ,but if I am going to spend that much it will be an actual rifle caliber 5.56 or bigger. As a fun gun for casual shooting or home defense the 9 mm ammo is cheap!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

I took a quick look at Palmetto's web site they have a 16 upper for sale for $429.00 so I may just pick that up and see how I like it as a rifle, I have a Shock tech blade on the Palmetto pistol for the moment so I can slide that right off, swap a stock on or just move the shock tech blade to it's rear most adjustment dimple and use that like a stock as well.

(Allegheny County)

OK, I'm not digging into this any further to figure out the specifics, but I KNEW I read it somewhere...

EDIT, maybe the OP meant something else, but this is what I was remembering.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...tol-lower.html

PSA 9mm Billet Complete Classic Pistol Lower - uses Glock®-style magazines

SKU: 7781308
    UPC: 7781308
    MFR#:
    PSA 9mm Billet Complete Classic Pistol Lower designed to use Glock®-style magazines

Palmetto state Armory is proud to announce our latest 9mm AR lower. Machined from Billet 7075 T6 forgings and then hard coat anodized, these lowers are purpose built to accept 9mm Glock®-style magazines. Designed to work with PSA's new 9mm Hybrid uppers. The lower is assembled with a Palmetto State Armory Pistol Lower Build Kit with a classic A2 Grip and PSA pistol buffer tube..

Must be used with a Palmetto State Armory Hybrid 9mm Upper. Compatible uppers can be found here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

That's it exactly.

(Delaware County)

I did see all that, but I am attempting to run a cmmg lower with PSA's upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK, I'm not digging into this any further to figure out the specifics, but I KNEW I read it somewhere...

EDIT, maybe the OP meant something else, but this is what I was remembering.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...tol-lower.html

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Is the Palmetto upper a standard AR15 charging handle? Standard AR15 trigger in the Palmetto Glock lower?

Thanks for the update.
    Yes on both...
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

My PSA upper/ lower runs like the perverbial "ape that was raped." If any detailed pics would help, let me know.....

Last edited by FLICK; April 16th, 2016 at 08:53 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    The ATI has a AR 15 standard style charging handle with an extended lever on the left side, a plus for sure. The Palmetto has a standard AR 15 style handle-just needs and extended lever, don't really need a whole new handle. The main difference in these ar 9mm pistols is the blow back bolts. The trigger packs both look like mil spec GI. As I said earlier both guns shot well and I preferred using the red dot on both versus the back sights. I think if I do any trigger replacements in these I will limit the dollars to $150.00 or less. These of course are not long range shooters I could see going out to 100 yards with the 10 .5 inch Palmetto if I SBR it because at 25 yards using cheek weld technique I shot a 1 and a 1/4 inch 8 shot group with 6 shots in one hole and two flyers. With an actual stock and a better trigger short range shooting should result in real small groups. I would expect several inch groups at 100 should be the norm or may slightly smaller. I have never bothered with 9 mm carbines in the past. I have shot my 9 mm and 45 pistols on my 16 inch gong at 100 yards a lot easy to do , I am sure that a 9mm carbine could do that all day long. I am going to toy with both till Tuesday when they will get torn down for Camo in cerakote, I am currently out of show display rifles and pistols that's why I bought these two to experiment with. I am now thinking that I might just go ahead and get the Palmetto 9 mm rifle -16 inch barrel also. I would like the Sig MPX carbine ,but if I am going to spend that much it will be an actual rifle caliber 5.56 or bigger. As a fun gun for casual shooting or home defense the 9 mm ammo is cheap!
    Thanks. The ALG defense ACT trigger I think would fit the bill well. Only about $60. Like you said, you don't need a two stage match trigger on these.

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post

My PSA upper/ lower runs like the perverbial "ape that was raped." If any detailed pics would help, let me know.....

Great looking rifle!

(Montgomery County)

Another question - sorry to hijack.....

I watched a YouTube review that said gen4 glock mags don't drop free, but Pmags and gen 3 mags do. Can anyone confirm this?

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the Trigger tip, second On the mags my Palmetto is snug but they come out,since I am going to camo it I will relieve the well a bit . On the ATI they drop out fast ,this was using Glock mags in both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast