Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Itchytrgrfngr

(Lackawanna County)

Default Itchytrgrfngr

Good seller, good communication as described or better +1

(York County)

Default Re: Itchytrgrfngr

Had a great transfer with this seller. firearm was accurately represented, he had great communication and was on time. A+ seller

-1 for my experience with him. We had a pending deal to trade his Glock G21 for my STI 1911. He even updated his FS/T thread to indicate that he had a pending trade with me. Backed out of the trade, but "offered" me to buy his G21 from him. I'm pretty sure this is my first negative feedback over all of these years on the forum.

Thankfully, I haven't had to leave many negative feedback, but this guy gets one.

Some people have no honor and their word means nothing.

Why would you say you have a deal pending in your post if it wasn't with me? Your text stated that you didn't want to do the trade, but you "offered to sell me your G21." I highlighted what you wrote and it makes no sense. You are trying to say the pending deal wasn't with me? C'mon man up.

Why would I buy your G21 when:

1) You didn't honor your original agreement with me.

2) There was another forum member selling a G21 for $400, when your pistol was listed at $500. I'm sure that person selling has more honor and ethics than you do.

Make any excuse you want, we both know that you are a liar.

Leaving me negative feedback isn't going to change the fact that you backed out of the deal. It's funny that I have 13 page positive feedback and you went "Jr High" on me and left me negative feedback because I left negative feedback for you first.

I'm just happy that most folks on this forum actually have honor and they do what they say they are going to do...unlike yourself.

Your pistol was $500 and mine was $850, which means you were short $350 on the deal. It's up to you to make me an offer to equal out the trade. I don't know what you have to offer to equal out the trade and you never bothered making an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchytrgrfngr View Post
    Wow...where do I even start with this negative experience. We were in the process of negotiations when I believe they fell apart. We had no completed deal or pending deal (as you have stated) and we had no meeting set to complete a transaction.

To make sure we are on the same page - definitions

negotiation - noun - discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
    deal - noun - an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit, especially in a business or political context.
    agreement - noun - the act of agreeing or coming to a mutual arrangement.

Lets review what happened:

#1 aubie515 contacts me with interest in my G21SF that was listed for sale or trade, inquires about it and what it comes with and advises me that he has several items for trade/partial trade for sale if I am interested.
    #2 I look at his items and tell him the 1911 looks nice, we trade photos, information on guns.
    #3 He (aubie515) lets me know that he has more money invested in his 1911 than I have in my G21SF, and he is "not trying to do tit for tat...just would like to keep prices even..at least to ensure both parties are satisfied".
    #4 I reply to him: "I figured that we would have to come to an agreement of something additional based on my for sale price and your for sale price"
    #5 aubie515 replys: "Sounds good. I'm interested"
    **At this point I feel the onus is on him to tell me what will even the negotiations out, since he brought up that his 1911 is worth more, and he is the one that initiated the negotiation process by contacting me, wanting my gun and offering trade possibilities.
    #6 There was a pause in communications while I attended to some family issues.
    #7 I sent him a PM late Monday evening asking if he was still interested.
    #8 He (aubie515)replied that he is still interested as he stated in a text to me on Saturday.
    #9 I replied that I did get his message and then I asked " do you have an idea of where we stand on the deal? ", I am still waiting for him to tell me what he expects will even the negotiations so that we may finalize a deal.
    #10 aubie515 then sends me a message "you know what i have and what i have into it so let me know"

At this point I am a bit taken aback by the last message, as he initiated contact with me inquiring about a gun I have for sale or trade, offers me several of his guns that are listed (as full/partial trades), and after I suggest one he tells me it is worth more, but does not tell me what he wants to even the negotiations and reach a deal, then tells me "you know what i have and what i have into it so let me know"......(So now if I were to even try and make an offer, am I to go by the for sale price or what you say you have into it)?

I must say, I really don't think it matters what you have into it, as you have announced the current value as your sale/asking price of $850.
    I had announced my value/sale/asking price of $500. The negotiations could have successfully ended and a deal been finalized if you would have said, I would like your G21SF and $xxx cash, ammo, bananas, or whatever(not to exceed $350 since you have the gun for sale for $850 and my G21SF is listed for sale at $500)if you want my 1911 in trade, then we could have set up a meet, if the values were acceptable to both parties (if not, more negotiations). When you chose the wording that you did, I took it as a very strange and unorthodox way of trying to make a deal, and it did not sit well with me. I tried nicely to end the negotiations in a polite way that would hopefully not offend either of us.

As for your statement that "He even updated his FS/T thread to indicate that he had a pending trade with me.", you are correct, I absolutely did update my thread, due to the ongoing negotiations (I didn't say who I was negotiating with for privacy reasons). I did it out of respect for the negotiations that were going on, and as a courtesy to show you that I thought we would be coming to terms on a deal.

And as for your statement "Some people have no honor and their word means nothing.", I find it very disingenuous, since I did not back out of a deal (we never had one), and if we did have a deal I would absolutely have honored it (if we did), even if it would have meant that I was on the short end of the deal. At this point, all that we have are failed negotiations.

I still have the G21SF on hold, and I would be inclined to try and complete the negotiations and reach a deal (I do believe that we all have bad days, and I sometimes give more benefit of the doubt than I should), but I do still have concerns for the way these negotiations went, and I am afraid at this point we would not come to terms to reach a mutually satisfying agreement.

I believe that this is the first negative experience that I have had here and the first negative feedback that I have had to leave, but I feel that you earned it, so display it proudly.

I wish you nothing but the best in all your future dealings and I hold no hard feelings, and I wish we could have communicated on a better level, so as to both be happy and complete the negotiations and strike a deal.

Blessings and good health to you and your family,
    Itchytrgrfngr
    Last edited by aubie515; May 22nd, 2016 at 08:22 PM.