Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Unhappy A5 "sweet sixteen" no one can handle

I recently tried to sell a beautiful firearm that no local shop will accept.Why? They can't come up with a price or they're too cheap to pay mine.Please Help!

'88 sweet sixteen "ducks unlimited"A5 16ga. never fired.KEVIN'S GUNS 021.JPG

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A5 "sweet sixteen" no one can handle

I dunno what your intent with this thread is, but if you're trying to sell it here, you need to post it in the classifieds.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

I think he wants us to tell him what it's worth. And I'm sure he thinks it's more valuable than it is so this could get interesting.

(Perry County)

Cabela's in Kansas City has one in their gun library for $2600.

Gunbroker--$1825
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Mercer County)

blue book A-5 DU Sweet 16 4,500 mfg. 1988 only. 100% $2,450 95% $1,350

(Clearfield County)

pfffft, ain't worth nothings, you rubbed all the bluing off and scratched a bunch of funny looking pigeons into the side.

(Lancaster County)

Keep and shoot. Clays snob with it if you must.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Monroe County)

It's what I call a tweener- 4500 made so it's not really rare + maybe a little too nice to drag through the briar patch= tough sell.

Value, check the completed auctions at gunbroker and gunsinternational where the gun actually sold. What you'll likely notice is a large spread between the ask and the bid.

A5s are what I call a "generational favorite", the pool of buyers that hold the humpback in high esteem is shrinking- stagnant prices reflect that fact.

You might find more interest at Browning or 16 gauge dedicated sites.

YMMV, good luck.

(Berks County)

I recently tried to sell a beautiful firearm that no local shop will accept.Why? They can't come up with a price or they're too cheap to pay mine.Please Help!
    Because they are in business to make a profit. If they turn over a bunch of cash to you and it sits there for a couple of years they lost money. The gun is an unusual item so not many shoppers would be interested in buying it.

You can always put it up on consignment at a gun shop and see how you make out with that. I think we already know.

Here is what I found:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=543607356 No bids at $1400, No BIN at $2100

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=550895762 Relisted multiple times no bids and with no reserve $2295

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=538374255 This one actually sold- for $1550

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=540581300 This one sold for $1825

The two that sold had no reserves and a low starting bid. That is the only way you will sell this IMO. Start the auction at $1000 with no reserve and you might get $1400-1800 (or more) for it. GunBroker is a pretty exact science.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast