Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Metal detectors installed at Reading's Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center

Santander Arena HAS installed metal detectors. I have not been to the PAC recently but according to news reports metal detectors were installed there at the same time.

(York County)

Default UPDATE - Santander PAC - JUNE 18th

Just attended a performance of Celtic Woman at the Santander Performing Arts Center (PAC) - security theater is in effect.

All entrances now have metal detectors and attendants with wands - but the procedure is a joke.

All patrons are to empty their pockets of metal - but - almost everyone walks thru the detector holding up cell phones. The scanner beeps and all you hear is the attendant saying "It's OK - the phones set them off" I did not see anyone wanded.

So..........it's ok - obviously it's the phone making it beep and has nothing to do with anyone carrying any type of hypothetical weapon
    It really had nothing to do with my Kahr nor 2 spare magazines.

And I enjoyed the show - fun with friends - good music - lovely ladies performing - and a better sense of security while there!

(Berks County)

Default Re: UPDATE - Santander PAC - JUNE 18th

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time.

Any more recent updated to this? I absolutely hate going to Reading without my "private security". Have to go to the PAC tonight. I would appreciate a report from anyone who has been there recently.
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

(Berks County)

I was there a couple of weeks ago. No guns or pocket knives. Metal detectors and wanding. Saw a few people having to go back to their cars recently. Concealed permit is meaningless.

I leave mine in my ride.

Thanks for the update. If I don't report back, you can assume it's because I was brutally assaulted and murdered by ghetto thugs, on the way to or from the venue, with no feasible way to defend myself and my wife.

Lucked out. It was an uneventful evening in Reading. That said, I had to leave my ccw behind. As mentioned by Stainless, the metal detectors were set up at the entrance, and there were two people with wands there for those who set of the detectors. That said, my wife was told to place her purse in the plastic bin which did not go through the scanner, nor did they look inside. She might have had an rpg, or a nuclear warhead in there, and they never would have noticed.

(York County)

Default Re: Metal detectors installed at Reading's Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center

Arts Theater on the inside.....Security Theater on the outside!

(York County)

Any recent events at the PAC? Going to an event in March...............................

(York County)

Instead of re-writing why a municipal authority might be considered government, and why they may not be allowed to regulate firearms, here*s a link to the Philthy convention center discussion:

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...08#post4734008
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast