Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Arrow Remember to clean out your pockets before doing laundry

This past weekend, I made a trip to Virginia to help a family member move to a larger place. In preparation for the trip, not only did I score about 40 collapsed boxes in assorted sizes (small, medium, large, and huge) from selective dumpster diving , but also brought along two tape guns with extra rolls of tape, big sharpies for labeling the boxes, a hand truck with newly inflated tires, and a weight belt for back support.

Since it was spring and I thought it would be cool to see the cherry blossoms in DC, I also decided to do the ANNUAL clean out the inside of my Subaru Outback before loading up.

It was probably no surprise to you that I found pens, black binder clips, spare mags loaded in the console, remnants of food, etc., but I was basically looking for empty brass (a NJ thing and I wasn't going anywhere near NJ). While I didn't find any empty brass, I did find a box of 500 cast 147 gn bullets that I typically reload. Ooops that has to go too...

I also found a single 9mm cartridge which I thought I put in the garage.

So I did the laundry today (but apparently didn't thoroughly empty those really deep Carhartt pockets) and heard something clinking around in the dryer. Ah, maybe that could be a quarter! So I checked and found that dang loaded cartridge again.

No harm, no foul, but it does give a new meaning to "cleaning/tumbling" brass. It'd be an interesting experience next time at the range to see if it shoots after being submerged in a washer for an hour. IF it happens, I'll let you know. But in the meantime, I'll keep my squib rod handy...

So what's turned up in your drier (firearms related - we've all washed our wallet, keys, and a couple of pocket knives)?

Dang!.JPG
    - bamboomaster

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Remember to clean out your pockets before doing laundry

Good thing you found that "weapon" before entering the federal city. You could have ended-up doing hard time for that offense.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    This past weekend, I made a trip to Virginia to help a family member move to a larger place. In preparation for the trip, not only did I score about 40 collapsed boxes in assorted sizes (small, medium, large, and huge) from selective dumpster diving , but also brought along two tape guns with extra rolls of tape, big sharpies for labeling the boxes, a hand truck with newly inflated tires, and a weight belt for back support.

Since it was spring and I thought it would be cool to see the cherry blossoms in DC, I also decided to do the ANNUAL clean out the inside of my Subaru Outback before loading up.

It was probably no surprise to you that I found pens, black binder clips, spare mags loaded in the console, remnants of food, etc., but I was basically looking for empty brass (a NJ thing and I wasn't going anywhere near NJ). While I didn't find any empty brass, I did find a box of 500 cast 147 gn bullets that I typically reload. Ooops that has to go too...

I also found a single 9mm cartridge which I thought I put in the garage.

So I did the laundry today (but apparently didn't thoroughly empty those really deep Carhartt pockets) and heard something clinking around in the dryer. Ah, maybe that could be a quarter! So I checked and found that dang loaded cartridge again.

No harm, no foul, but it does give a new meaning to "cleaning/tumbling" brass. It'd be an interesting experience next time at the range to see if it shoots after being submerged in a washer for an hour. IF it happens, I'll let you know. But in the meantime, I'll keep my squib rod handy...

So what's turned up in your drier (firearms related - we've all washed our wallet, keys, and a couple of pocket knives)?
    Lots of earplugs. Range Sharpies. Loose ammo.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wayne County)

I guess alot of us are guilty of loose change, bills and knives. I have a neighbor who loves washing his cell phone.

(Lackawanna County)

I washed and dried the key fob, to the Explorer. That was a $185, lesson in emptying pockets.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Nothing in the wash,But came close to Drying the cat that was sleeping in the drum !

(Clearfield County)

I have a 9mm round in the truck that's been through the washer

twice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Is it just me or does that case appear to be slightly bulged near the head and base?

Edit: meant head and mouth. Or maybe base and head. Something like that. The end parts.
    Last edited by twency; March 29th, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Northampton County)

I washed a pen once. It was in a really nice shirt, the lightest colored item I threw in the wash that day.

The rest of the wash came out fine. The shirt came out a nice, even color of very light lavender. Not normally my thing but it looked pretty good and I wore it for another year.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Is it just me or does that case appear to be slightly bulged near the head and base?

Yes.
    It looks like all of my reloads. The buldge has no effect on it.

I've washed so many cartridges that my wife stopped complaining about them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast