Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: State Game Lands Firing Range question

Whats the requirements for shooting on your own property? Distance from houses, deflection angles etc. I want to shoot rifle and pistol, and shoot off as many rounds as i want and as fast as I want. Plus all the ranges are closed for a while anyway, at least by me.

(Luzerne County)

Check with the governing body of where you live. There may be a law against discharging a weapon within your city/town/borough, etc.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkaterDan View Post
    Hey jpavoncello. Did you see this post?

Phone# 292-7188

I will be calling this week as it's closer than the SGL and no as*holes.

Dan
    My father is a member at Dover. I've been there several times and it's ok if you're looking to shoot rifles but not set up at all for handguns.
    One thing I really like to do when getting in range time is shooting on the move (don't know about others here, but I'm not standing still if someone is shooting at me) and you really can't do that at the SGL or Dover range unless you are the only one there.
    Places like West Shore and the York Issac Walton League have dedicated pistol ranges that you can move on, shoot steel or reactive plate, etc.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpavoncello View Post
    I shoot up there on a regular basis. The lady picking up the brass always asks first if it's ok. She and her daughter recycle (not reload) the brass and she has been doing it for years.
    Commendable yes, but you guys do realize this woman while keeping the range clean is making money off of you guys! I used to allow people to take the brass I don't reload, but these days with the cost of ammunition if they want my brass, or empty shotshells, they are going to have to grease my palm first. Call me a tightwad, or cheapskate if you will but I don't care. I'm frankly tired of people who make money off of me for free. I guess I could lump the gov't into that statement as well..No?

(Armstrong County)

I guess that depends. Do you leave it there if nobody's picking it up, or do you always pick up after yourself?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondain View Post
    I guess that depends. Do you leave it there if nobody's picking it up, or do you always pick up after yourself?

I always pick up my empties. I do believe in keeping the range clean!

My lottery dream isn't big houses, fancy cars, 50lb. lobsters, ect. It's a piece of land 1000yds. long and a 1000yds. wide. But till then money dictates SGL for me with at it's rules and all it's morons. I obey the rules (begrudgingly) and leave when the morons jeopodize their existence. Or mine. First Noximixon, now French Creek are closed. The woods near my house just won't be legal. Guess I should go pick up scrap brass and buy a membership to LRGC soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    My lottery dream isn't big houses, fancy cars, 50lb. lobsters, ect. It's a piece of land 1000yds. long and a 1000yds. wide. But till then money dictates SGL for me with at it's rules and all it's morons. I obey the rules (begrudgingly) and leave when the morons jeopodize their existence. Or mine. First Noximixon, now French Creek are closed. The woods near my house just won't be legal. Guess I should go pick up scrap brass and buy a membership to LRGC soon.
    Ah, shit. Any idea how long French Creek is gonna be closed for?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Commendable yes, but you guys do realize this woman while keeping the range clean is making money off of you guys! I used to allow people to take the brass I don't reload, but these days with the cost of ammunition if they want my brass, or empty shotshells, they are going to have to grease my palm first. Call me a tightwad, or cheapskate if you will but I don't care. I'm frankly tired of people who make money off of me for free. I guess I could lump the gov't into that statement as well..No?
    Who cares. If she wants to make money off of something I'm just gonna throw out anyway, more power to her and her daughter. If you don't reload and you collect your brass, do you just throw it away when you get home? I mean how cheap and hateful to you have to be to toss it out when you get home instead of letting someone else have it. You say she should pay you 1st. Well I say she is paying you for it. Shes recycling and helping the environment so our children can have a planet and an outdoors to enjoy, despite the actions of this selfish generation.

Dave
    3%

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Who cares. If she wants to make money off of something I'm just gonna throw out anyway, more power to her and her daughter. If you don't reload and you collect your brass, do you just throw it away when you get home? I mean how cheap and hateful to you have to be to toss it out when you get home instead of letting someone else have it. You say she should pay you 1st. Well I say she is paying you for it. Shes recycling and helping the environment so our children can have a planet and an outdoors to enjoy, despite the actions of this selfish generation.

Dave
    Oh that's baloney. She's doing no more to help the planet than the man in the moon! And yes, the brass I don't use gets tossed when I get home, and that's my business now isn't it. I paid for it so I have the right to do with it as I see fit. And yes, I see nothing wrong with asking payment for her to take it. It has nothing to do with being hateful. Too many people in this world want things for free and they can get that from some other guy, not me. If I were rich, that'd be a different story but I'm not, so I too gotta make money somehow just like her.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast