Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Do you guys think we should do a pig roast?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YEAH!!! let's get this rolling

26 92.86%
  • That seems like alot of work. Let's just go to a resteraunt.

0 0%
  • I'm a vegetarian. I'll only go if there's potato salad.

0 0%
  • There was no mention of OC in the title. What's up with that?

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Westy Pig Roast?

Seems the Bacon is one of the bigest hits at the group shoots. We're also quite fond of our dinner get togethers. Well.....

Why don't we have a POOFA picnic and pig roast?

Might as well while we still have the weather for it. This is just to guage intrest. I just want to hear what you guys have to say on the subject.

What do you guys think? I'll bet GRoPA's drooling already

OK. I don't know who edited my poll to correct my crappy spelling, but thank you.
    Last edited by P-11 shooter; August 14th, 2008 at 11:01 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Westy Pig Roast?

Whatever rilling is, I'm all for it.

If you roast it, I will be there.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Might be a good Idea to say where and when you plan on doing this... BTW food these days is expensive.. I was thinking of a baby rib bq with a few friends lately ( about 10 ppl) and the cost once I looked at it would be in the upper $100 range... Might consider making a price to this also, say cost per person is $x.xx
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Butler County)

For now I was just throwing out the idea.

Details will need to be worked out. Since there will be expense to figure in we will have to charge something. As far as where? There are alot of parks that rent pavilions, and a member may have property and not mind having it there.

We'll have to look into the cost, but someone may already have a roaster, or know somebody that does. I'm just seeing if this is something we should try to do. I have some time and can hake calls, and get this going.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quit being so damn devisive. Let's not make this an Easty vs Westy thing. Why not do this in the middle of the state and get folks from both sides to come together?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Quit being so damn devisive. Let's not make this an Easty vs Westy thing. Why not do this in the middle of the state and get folks from both sides to come together?
    Wasn't really trying to do it like that, we just have a network of people who are used to working together to get events put together. We also know the parks, and places to do this in our area.

The thought of getting this together for the people who usually get together for shoots and dinners is already making my head spin.

The thought of doing it state-wide would make my eyes cross. My head would probably just blow off.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    My head would probably just blow off.
    Why when I was your age... I was looking for any idea to get my Head Blown... Think about it$10.00 all the Roast you can eat and Blow the pig's head after!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Why when I was your age... I was looking for any idea to get my Head Blown... Think about it$10.00 all the Roast you can eat and Blow the pig's head after!
    You're a weird dude sometimes Frenchy.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Wasn't really trying to do it like that, we just have a network of people who are used to working together to get events put together. We also know the parks, and places to do this in our area.
    Sorry I was being a smart ass. Don't take me seriously. Ever. Seriously I mean that. Don't ever take me seriously. If I am speaking I am being sarcastic. Only not right now. Now I am being serious.

I was being serious though about maybe getting something together in the center of the state. Think it would be cool. Then again we got our pup from just west of Pittsburgh so maybe I could convince the wife to head out there to visit the breeder and let them meet our son. Oops I brought my guns? Oh and there is a PAFOA Pig Roast? What a coincidence.

(Allegheny County)

As we already have a shoot which is a thing and a shoot which is a non-thing. I figured that this would be a non-shooting picnic type of thing.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast