Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 433 of 441 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4410
    (Berks County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prompt Critical View Post
    Hello!

I'm back in Lehigh County semi-recently, grew up here but was away for a while while in the Navy (spent most of that time home ported in Norfolk VA which I would not recommend to anyone).

I almost exclusively collect and shoot military surplus and (like I'm sure everyone who does) I wish I'd started 10 or 20 years ago. Considering getting an FFL-02 as I do a fair amount of buying/selling/trading C&R pieces. Armslist changing to a paid model and gun shows becoming (even more of) a total crapshoot has been a real bummer.

There are no really good gun shops in the area - Golden Trigger and Extreme Gun Works both were terribly overpriced and mediocre even before this year's inflation. Eagle Arms in Breinigsville is my usual go-to, especially if looking for more obscure ammo types he usually has a pretty wide selection. If you just need an FFL for transfer, Tim from TDR Tactical in Macungie is excellent, extremely reasonable pricing ($15 flat) and he's doing curbside by appointment now - I have used him to receive online purchases and for person-to-person transfers before.

I do most of my shooting at the State Game Lands range in New Tripoli, which is generally fairly quiet and clean although it only has two 50yd berms so you may have to wait in line if you don't want a 100yd bench. It's rifle only with a shotgun range nearby. All the usual disclaimers about public ranges and the type of people you'll run into there apply, of course.
    Welcome to PAFOA and thank you for your service. This is a great place for information of all types and entertainment as well, don't let the sarcasm upset you, just pass it along. What, was your boat (ha ha) in for service?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

New member here. Been living in Berks County most of my life.

Got more into shooting over the course of the last year. Been going over to a local range and plinking with my daughter and recently started shooting clays as well.
    Also an avid fireworks enthusiast and spend quite a bit of time hanging out at pyro shoots. Which quite often are held at gun clubs across the state.

(Berks County)

Welcome to PAFOA, Dave. A great place for information and entertainment too. Hope you're here to help us fight to keep our rights.

(Northampton County)

Hi. I'm Tom Pfau. Just moved to Mount Bethel in September from central New Jersey. I bought my first gun in January (Ruger LC9s). I now have three more. My prior experience with shooting involves BB guns one summer in Maine and four shots from a .22 rifle on a junior high school field trip.

I joined a pistol club in Phillipsburg, NJ that was recommended by a coworker. Cost is reasonable and membership came with NRA Basic Pistol training which my wife and I just completed. It seems like the ranges near where I live are all outdoor so this place will allow us to shoot through the winter. I'm looking into joining the East Bangor club since the Phillipsburg club is paper target shooting only.

(York County)

I just moved to PA from....sigh...Maryland (don't blame me...I was born there. I didn't have a say in the matter)

I found this board while looking online for local gun shops that might have reasonable prices (the ones near me are a little pricey) and signed up as it seems like a good group
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I just moved to PA from....sigh...Maryland (don't blame me...I was born there. I didn't have a say in the matter)

I found this board while looking online for local gun shops that might have reasonable prices (the ones near me are a little pricey) and signed up as it seems like a good group
    Welcome to PA and PAFOA! This site has a ton of great information on all kinds of crazy shit, and yeah some gun stuff too. Just watch out for those crazy covid threads, they get a little crazy.
    -Brandon

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Welcome to PA and PAFOA! This site has a ton of great information on all kinds of crazy shit, and yeah some gun stuff too. Just watch out for those crazy covid threads, they get a little crazy.
    Everything about COVID is a little crazy

But if you rode it out here in PA you don't even understand. Maryland was 10 times loonier with the restrictions. And down there the sheep actually followed the insane rules. Not like here where you ignore the governor like good free citizens.
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Delaware County)

Hi,

My name is Norman and I joined several weeks ago. I'm in southern Delaware County. We had planned to get a handgun in 2019 but got too busy. We finally ordered a Springfield XD while waiting out COVID. Then we got a M&P Shield 9 Compact and then a Ruger AR 556 with a red dot. I just got another AR-15 and I wanted to get a scope for that one. There are way too many choices.

We joined the Delaware County Field and Stream since it seemed pretty family-friendly. I'd like a good indoor place, but I have yet to find one close.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethzur View Post
    Hi,

My name is Norman and I joined several weeks ago. I'm in southern Delaware County. We had planned to get a handgun in 2019 but got too busy. We finally ordered a Springfield XD while waiting out COVID. Then we got a M&P Shield 9 Compact and then a Ruger AR 556 with a red dot. I just got another AR-15 and I wanted to get a scope for that one. There are way too many choices.

We joined the Delaware County Field and Stream since it seemed pretty family-friendly. I'd like a good indoor place, but I have yet to find one close.
    Welcome to POOFA.

Come for the gun info, stay for the snarky fighting about covid "vaccines"
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stevebridson301 View Post
    Howdy everyone, I got to know PAFOA through a friend and I'm happy to be here. Looking forward to learning alot.
    Thanks.
    Welcome to PAFOA (affectionately known as POOFA since it's easier to say), hope you enjoy your stay. What are you looking to learn?

Page 433 of 441 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast