Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 385 of 442 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4414
    (Centre County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hi all! Didn't see this introduction thread yet. I'm a new shooter. The only gun I ever handled before the basic pistol course I recently took was a bb gun. I think I may have fired a few rounds from a .22 rifle when I was 13 though, but that was a long time ago. I've always been extremely conservative on the political spectrum, actually leaning libertarian on most issues, so I've always supported the 2nd amendment though I've not been familiar with guns. With the way the world's going lately I feel like I need to stand up and help fight for these rights, so I want to be among those who own a gun and actively voice my support for the 2nd amendment, and simultaneously explore a new hobby.

I was amused reading the recent article by that reporter who supposedly got PTSD and felt "sick" from the fumes of the gun he tried. I contrasted this with how I felt during my first basic pistol shooting course a few weeks ago... I actually thought there was a possibility I could react badly to it. However once I held a Glock and shot it for the first time all the fear went away, and I smelled the fumes and thought: THIS SMELLS LIKE THE FOURTH OF JULY! And dozens of memories of fireworks and watching the musical 1776 with my family growing up rushed into my head.
    Last edited by darnskewered; June 17th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Hi I would like to introduce myself I am from Westmorland and was invited to the fourm. I am a outdoorsman and a active hunter and trying to broaden myself in firearms education and have some fun.

(Philadelphia County)

Welcome SgtUSMC1066, darnskewered, and 17smirgan!! I've very new to guns and PAFOA. There are a bunch of knowledgeable members here and a ton of information in various threads. There are a few mean spirited posters similar to a sports betting forum I use. But most seem to genuinely want to help others, promote responsible gun ownership and support the 2A. I've learned a lot in a short time. But don't hold your breath waiting for the welcoming committee in this thread. It doesn't get many views so don't take offense. I know from experience, lol.

Best Wishes!!
    Gary

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Niner View Post
    Welcome SgtUSMC1066, darnskewered, and 17smirgan!! I've very new to guns and PAFOA. There are a bunch of knowledgeable members here and a ton of information in various threads. There are a few mean spirited posters similar to a sports betting forum I use. But most seem to genuinely want to help others, promote responsible gun ownership and support the 2A. I've learned a lot in a short time. But don't hold your breath waiting for the welcoming committee in this thread. It doesn't get many views so don't take offense. I know from experience, lol.

Best Wishes!!
    Gary
    Big welcome to all pafoa newbies.

Funny how, in 10years this went from a new forum to being the go-to in PA. Amazing how things develop and change over time.

Welcome new members, follow the rules. Shoot safely and enjoy yourselves.

(Lancaster County)

I'm Mitch. Hi

(Lackawanna County)

I'm Dan. Reside in the Scranton area. Enjoy the classics as I just recently got my C&R. Enjoy the new stuff too. If it goes "Bang" its for me

(Bucks County)

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenJames View Post
    Hi! I've read this board quite a lot over the years, because it seems like whenever I have a gun question the Google ends up showing me a post from here. Sadly, what finally made me join is a tragedy of sorts: I'm forced by circumstances beyond my control to move to New York (state not city, thank God!), and now I have to get rid of most of my guns and ammo, so I signed up to create some classifieds. I'm enjoying reading the other posts, though.
    welcome and sorry to hear.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Greetings, All;
    I'm actually from Western NY, just east of the Buffalo region. Planning to spend some time in Pennsylvania in the near future, with the possibility of moving your way. Been shooting for about ten years now, and just recently started teaching new shooters.

Page 385 of 442 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435 ... LastLast