Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gun Shops in Easton-Day Trip

Driving down from the Scranton area I didn't realize just how close to NJ you can actually get. Luckily there were signs on I-78 that say "last exit in PA" and it also happened to be the exit I needed to get off at. SARCO is an impressive store in an industrial park right off of I-78. I walked in and there were 5 or 6 guys behind the counter. I asked them if they had any M1 Carbines in the store and they said they weren't sure, but there might be one in the back corner. No such luck. Oh well, I continued to walk around looking something to spend money on. Nothing jumped out at me as a-screaming-must-have-it kind of deal, but it is nice to see that they have a pretty wide selection. No one was in a hurry to help me out or ask me if i needed anything, but that is pretty typical for a gun shop I guess.

So I left empty handed, got into my vehicle and went looking for a place to take a leak. I started googling other shops in the area and found a place called the heritage guild. When I put it in my GPS it was taking me back the same way that I just was. First I thought it was a mistake but then I saw the building, it is literally right next door to SARCO.

Wow, that was an impressive operation. Much brighter and cleaner feeling than SARCO, and I wasn't in the store 2 minutes before I was asked if I needed help. There were 2 guys (I didn't get their names) that were very polite and professional. One showed me the 2 Winchester carbines on the wall. I would have bought them but they were top of the market retail price, not that they weren't worth that, but if I am spending $2400, it wouldn't be on a M1 carbine. I dont make offers or ask for discounts, so I couldn't tell you if they are negotiable on their prices.

Overall, I got a much better vibe from Heritage Guild than I did from SARCO. The people were more friendly and helpful, but i didn't have any issues in either shop. Maybe I am spoiled in NEPA but I can say that neither shop was giving anything away. Judging by their locations and inventory size it makes sense that there prices are on the higher side, because I cant imagine they overhead they have. I was going to look for some other shops or take a long route home to see what I could find, but instead I decided to call it a day.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Gun Shops in Easton-Day Trip

Thanks, I didn't know about Heritage. Must have missed it when I went to Sarco's.

Its the next building down the road in that industrial park. I wanted to make it to some more shops and will probably set aside another day in the near future.

(Delaware County)

OK. I'll have to check it out the next time that I'm in the area.

(Northampton County)

Prices are insane at Sarco, but still lots of eye candy to look at. Heritage guild is high retail prices too. I have bought a couple used wheel guns there, used prices are neg.
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !