Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default PA Attorney General Race 2016; Who is running and where they stand on gun rights.

UPDATE

Here’s whose left after the primary election

The democrat:

Josh Shapiro- Anti-gun –supported by ceasefire-PA
    Has a D rating from the NRA Political Victory Fund

From Montgomery County- Endorsed by Gov. Wolf and Ed Rendell. Those endorsements should say where he stands on gun rights. Also according to an article in the Morning Call newspaper Shapiro made the following statement in a debate:
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/elec...220-story.html

“Asked how he would reduce gun violence, Shapiro said he would use his office to ensure that Pennsylvania closes legal loopholes that allow some gun ownership to be transferred from Florida to Pennsylvania. He also said he would use the bully pulpit to stand up to the National Rifle Association.”

The Republican candidate:

John Rafferty Recommended by FOAC is a State Senator
    Has an A- rating from the NRA Political Victory Fund

To sum it up, if a democrat gets elected to the AG position, gun owners are screwed. Remember last four years ago when gun owners took little to no interest in the AG race. Gun right supporters did not get spanked, rather we got Kaned.

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/pennsylvania/#

https://foac-pac.org/voter_guides/20...rs-3-W-App.pd
    Last edited by eagleclaw; April 26th, 2016 at 11:54 PM. Reason: UPDATE

(Berks County)

Default Re: PA Attorney General Race 2016; Who is running and where they stand on gun rights.

I believe Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) is currently reviewing questionnaires submitted by the candidates and expect that they will be noticing everyone in the near future as to their grading of the candidates
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Wayne County)

Default Re: PA Attorney General Race 2016; Who is running and where they stand on gun rights.

Any updates on Rafferty or Peters or will we find out at the last minute as usual?

(Berks County)

I believe FOAC has endorsed Peters, as President Kim Stolfer has been out at campaign events with him. See the FOAC FB page - https://www.facebook.com/foacpac/
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Columbia County)

With the FOAC endorsement of Joe Peters it would be great if he would mention how he would defend gun rights , what he would do to undo the damage Kane did, and what he would do to try an expand our gun rights. Endorsements are nice but I want to hear more details. I also want to find out where Rafferty stands on these same areas. I think anyone with half or brain can rule out any of the democratic candidates based on their statements they made in that debate reported by the Morning Call newspaper referred to in the original post.

(Berks County)

I have spoken to him at length on his position. He was in the AG's office when Kane started revoking reciprocity agreements and he stated that due to that and her constant violations of constitutional rights, he left the office. He said that unlike other prior AGs, he is willing to issue legal determinations when the law isn't clear but would do so cautiously, as he doesn't want to violate the checks and balances that our founding fathers enacted (e.g. be both the executive and judiciary). He also stated that he would place monumental pressure on DAs to bring charges against municipalities that violate 6120 and if they didn't prosecute, he'd hold press conferences on their failure to enforce the laws of the Commonwealth and also review the Commonwealth Attorneys Act to see if he could prosecute such cases on his own. He's going around the state speaking and I'd highly suggest you attend one of his events

I will be looking forward to information on where and when I can vote. If it's the general election- thank you for the information.

(Wayne County)

I'd like to see Peters face on TV alittle more.

(Berks County)

I believe Joe Peters will be releasing a 2A position statement on his FB page and a more encompassing one through FOAC in the very near future

(Chester County)

Too many people with vowels in their last names. I don't trust them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast