Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default South Mountain Firearms, Shippensburg PA. Complete Morons

Stay Away from South Mountain Firearms in Shippensburg PA, I don't know how this guy has an FFL but he was telling me so much patently false information on NFA items and AR builds that I wouldn't trust him to fill out a 4473 correctly... And he sells NFA items there and does transfers.

I've was looking to purchase a CZ scorpion to SBR and he generally has a decent selection of items. I asked about one and said I was looking for one to SBR. It was his employee and his son who looks to be about 15 or 16 who were manning the shop at the time and the kid says that I should just buy the SBR from them directly because I won't fill out the forms right, it will take longer if I do it, and I'll be a felon because I can't read or comprehend things apparently. I told the kid thanks but no thanks, I have a trust and I have multiple Form 1's under my belt and that eforms isnt that hard to use.

Then they both start to tag team me about how the ATF takes to long for trusts, trusts are going to be illegal because "Obama", only they know how to fill out Form 4's correctly, they even had cops mess up the paperwork, blah blah blah. Yeah still no thanks, I'm more than capable.

At that point I should have just left but the kid went upstairs to grab Daddy the owner apparently because while I was browsing other stuff the owner walked in and started again with 1000 questions about my NFA items. He then proceeded to ask me if I filled out 2 forms and paid $400 dollars. I said no, an SBR only takes 1 form 1 and 1 $200 tax stamp. He said that I was a felon and that I had illegally built my SBR because I didn't register it as a firearm when I built it with the ATF... WTF are you talking about dude? He proceeded to tell me that I had to register my gun as a firearm first with the ATF and pay $200 and then pay another $200 and register it as an SBR... Uhhhh no, I built it on a lower I had purchased and that was the firearm and then I registered it as an SBR and paid my monies and built it into an SBR. He said that this was illegal and that I should bring in all of my Form 1 builds and stamps so he can go over them. Yeah right dude.

He then told me that any AR I had built also was illegal because I never registered it with the ATF. We live in PA there is no registry of firearms, especially when you build them from a bare lower. He then swore up and down it was cheaper and legal to buy an AR from him because if you build an AR from a lower, you are required to register it and pay $200 dollars to the ATF even if it is a NON NFA item. He even stated that you are not allowed to switch different caliber barrels on ARs because it is now a different firearm and would need registered as such. He then said that you save more money buying an AR off the shelf than you do building one.

He also said that when you build an AR, as soon as it is capable of firing a projectile that the ATF considers it a firearm and it needs registered. Uhhhh no the ATF treats the receiver as a firearm, the upper being on it has nothing to do with it "now being a firearm and needing registered" in whatever list he thinks exists. He said anyone who has purchased an AR lower and parts kit and didnt register it with the ATF is a felon point blank.

He then grilled me on my SBR again and asked me about 30 times if I had engraved my SBR lower. He said you need your full name, full address including zip code engraved on the firearm. Uhhhh wut????

He told me that he just went through a 7 week ATF audit so he knew what he was talking about. I bet it took 7 weeks if this is what you believe to be true.

The greatest part was that when talking about the CZ Scorpion and an SBR build, they had no idea about the 922r compliance laws. WTF???

All three of them were so convinced that I was a felon and that I was going to spend the rest of my adult life in jail it was comical. Im not sure if this is some kind of sales tactic that they have for people who don't know anything or if they really are this stupid... I'm going to go with stupid. I didn't even bother strongly arguing with him because if the level of DERP is this strong, it would have been just a waste of time. Seriously I wouldn’t buy anything from there but if you want to troll a gun shop, go there and talk about Eforms and building your own NFA item, its funny but sad.

Oh and the Conococheage Trading Co 10 miles away quoted me a price of $710 for a CZ Scorpion, South Mountain Firearms??? Full MSRP of $849. Yeah thanks but no thanks.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: South Mountain Firearms, Shippensburg PA. Complete Morons

palau.jpg
    Palau!!!! I fucking love it!!!!!!

Welcome to the hood, nut house, or whatever else you'll hear it called.

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't know what is a worse source for information - cops or gun store clerks.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bearhtr30 View Post
    I think the shop was right with this ruling and there are a few more on the matter it doesn't give you the right to post something like this on the internet and bash a business like that and it is not what the forum is about but here is the info I have! I know the shop owner and he is a testament to the firearms world giving a message on how someone that was injured in a terrible hunting accident falling and coming back from it and not being a drain on society he could be sitting on disability from his accident but he chooses to work to me most would not! here is a link you should read https://www.atf.gov/file/11711/download . I think you should remove the post or the admin this site is not about bashing people publicly!!!
    HUH?!!

(Lancaster County)

I think the shop was right with this ruling and there are a few more on the matter it doesn't give you the right to post something like this on the internet and bash a business like that and it is not what the forum is about but here is the info I have! I know the shop owner and he is a testament to the firearms world giving a message on how someone that was injured in a terrible hunting accident falling and coming back from it and not being a drain on society he could be sitting on disability from his accident but he chooses to work to me most would not! here is a link you should read https://www.atf.gov/file/11711/download . I think you should remove the post or the admin this site is not about bashing people publicly!!!
    The OP simply stated his experience with this dealer in a forum set up for just that purpose. South Mountain Firearms is free to post their side of the story.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by flabbydan View Post
    The OP simply stated his experience with this dealer in a forum set up for just that purpose. South Mountain Firearms is free to post their side of the story.
    I think they just did.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I think they just did.
    My thoughts exactly!

(Lancaster County)

Are you a representative of the company in question?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lycoming County)

This forum is also not about giving out patently false info which, if what the op says is true, the shop in question is doing. If anyone from the shop has a different side to the story, then they should post it. If anyone knows the owners, let them know that this is on here and advise them to come and explain.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Are you a representative of the company in question?
    Just read that, I'm thinking so. If it is that answer is all I would need to know about said shop.

(Warren County)

A. Learn paragraphs
    2. Use punctuation
    thirdly - No, you're wrong.
    d. Welcome to PAFAO....once you learn to write.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast