Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Taurus PT111 Millenium PRO G2 or RUGER LCP ??

I'm looking to buy either one of these as a back-up, or summer ccw. But which one ? What's the Better choice and why...
    Last edited by gpr5223; March 7th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Taurus PT111 Millenium PRO G2 or RUGER LCP ??

The only Taurus with decent build quality IMO is the PT92.

My pocket carry is a Glock 43. It made the LCP irrelevant for me. If you don't like Glock, I'd recommend the Ruger LC9S or Shield also above the LCP, unless you really really need the smaller size for some reason. 9mm is better than .380 in every way possible.

The PT111 G2 is a fine pistol that should for all intensive purposes cost a hell of a lot more then it does. It's hard to compare or put it in the same category as the LCP since it's a completely different type of pistol. If you want a pocket pistol then I guess it's the LCP if you want to IWB a double stack pistol then the Taurus is the better option however for around $50.00 more you can get into a Shield which I would rate above the Taurus and just about anything else in it's class including the 43.

(Pike County)

Just the Taurus PT111 OR the Ruger LCP. I'm leaning towards the Taurus. I found them both on sale for a great price $239.00 plus tax. The shield is $400, but I do like it just too much money.
    Last edited by gpr5223; March 7th, 2016 at 09:30 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gpr5223 View Post
    Just the Taurus PT111 OR the Ruger LCP. I'm leaning towards the Taurus. I found them both on sale for a great price $239.00 plus tax. The shield is $400, but I do like it just too much money.
    As was said above, what are you looking for in a carry gun? The lcp is an excellent pocket carry. I've had one for quite a while and it disappears in a pocket holster. Trade off is it's a 380, with limited mag capacity, but if ultimate concealment is what you're after they're hard to beat.

The pt 111 is a much larger gun. It has its advantages in caliber and higher mag capacity, but trades off in the size department for concealment. I had the primary 745 and it wasn't a pocket gun by any means. It concealed well in a iwb holster, though.

Both get excellent reviews and for all the Taurus hate out there, I never had any reliability issues with the ones I have owned. All I'd say is make sure you function check it, especially with your chosen carry ammo, and if you're happy with it go for it.

(Montgomery County)

If you can handle the larger size, the Taurus will be a better pistol for general defensive purposes. More shootable and better capacity. The LCP will exceed only in situations which call for a very small pistol to be carried.

Go handle both and that will give you an idea of size and feel.

I have the LCP and want a PT 111.

Two completely different types of carry guns, so choose the one that meets your need...pocket and deep concealment or larger gun with more capacity?

Both are fine choices. If you go LCP, get the Custom model with short trigger and taller sights...not much more cost but it shoots nice. Then replace the recoil spring with 13 lbs...makes it easier to shoot. Love mine.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot