Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Central PA group shoot 1

Well it's getting warmer out and that means it's almost group shoot time again. I'm starting this thread for the first one in the central PA area this year.

As with last year PAhuntingfool has offered to host at his place again. This worked out very well last year and personally I can't thank him enough for hosting this event. We're looking at Sat July 16[ for this one.

This is a very relaxed atmosphere and a good time was had by all that attended. Most everything will be the same as last year, but here's the just of it.

This is open to all pafoa members and there families. Any one under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian please. This is a free event. We will more than likely ask for voluntary donations to help offset some of the costs, but there is no charge to attend.
    The shoot will start @ 10am, with a short safety briefing and will go until, well whenever. Again there's really no time constraints due to this being private. At some point we'll have to call it to clean up, but we will play that one by ear for the day.

The range itself is a farm field on a mountain side. We will setup some cover for the day and some benches/tables to shoot off of, but be prepared to be out in a field in the sun (probably not the best time to try out your new tactical flip flops). There is a gravel road most of the way there, but it does not go all the way to the range. We will have a couple of 4 wheel drive trucks to take people up and down if they can't walk it. If you are someone with a disability, or are bringing someone with a disability and can't make a short hike up to the range please pm me and I'll see what I can do to help accommodate. Also there are not any bathroom facilities, it's a field, there is an outhouse by the parking area. We will setup a propane grill and a table for any food anyone would like to bring and coolers for drinks.

Even though this is private ground and a relaxed event there will still be safety rules. Please once the shoot starts keep all firearms not on the line unloaded with the chamber open. The exception will be carried firearms, both oc and concealed. Please leave any carried firearms holstered at all times. We will have people acting as RO's and calling the line. Please listen to whomever is calling line. If you are new to shooting or have any questions as to how this is going to run, please ask them. There are no dumb questions when it comes to safety and guns. If you want to know something before you go feel free to pm me and I'll explain more.

This is going to be a relaxed day of plinking and socializing. We have no time constraints and there will be plenty of opportunity to try out guns. This is not a match or a training course. I hope everyone will be able to come and have a good time. If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, Ravensburg State park is only a few miles away and has free camping sites. It is a nice small state park with a trout stream running through the middle.

Anyone wanting to attend please respond below and let us know how many will be coming and if you are volunteering to bring anything or help out with something. I will post the directions to the event below. Any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

As with last year pretty much anything goes for targets, except glass and tannerite. Just please remember we have to clean up anything that gets shot up at the end of the day.

If you're going to bring out the full auto toys please let me know in advance. We can accommodate just about anything (last year we had a gatling gun there), but it is much easier to set things up if we have an idea in advance.

Any questions, comments, suggestions feel free to post here or pm me and I'll get back to ya. I had a lot of fun with this last year and I think everyone else that attended did as well. Hope to see those of you I know again this year and I hope to meet some more of you as well. See ya in July.

Rob
    Last edited by R L Suehr; March 7th, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Central PA group shoot 1

Reserved for directions.

I have some index cards I can donate for signs

(Westmoreland County)

You guys nailed down a date?
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    July 16. I hope you can attend again this year!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I have some index cards I can donate for signs
    It's not my fault you guys need to up your prescription on your glasses.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    July 16. I hope you can attend again this year!
    ^^^ this^^^

It's in the second paragraph of my op. I fixed it now for you old guys that can't see so well.

(Centre County)

Oh, Boo, I'll be doing a gun show in Ohio that weekend. The Ruger Owners and Collectors Society is doing displays in conjunction with the Ohio Gun Collectors Association show. I do a display of the first Ruger Double Actions that I collect (the Security, Police Service, and Speed Six series).

Well, maybe if we have another one later on I'll make that one (hopefully not raining and dreary )
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

We've put the date on the calendar and already have our load-out lists from last year with everything ready to go. My only thought was "Could you have picked a hotter day?"

About the only thing we'll add on are a few more flags so everybody knows what country this is, poncho liners for shade at one side or the other of a pavilion tent, and a cooler of frozen water bottles. Last year, we learned from the best....qmcorps.

A shout-out to PAhuntingfool for hosting this fun PAFOA event. And thanks RL for coordinating this kinder and gentler outing for seniors.

Ummm, we'll bring some bacon too!
    Last edited by bamboomaster; March 7th, 2016 at 01:15 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Oh, Boo, I'll be doing a gun show in Ohio that weekend. The Ruger Owners and Collectors Society is doing displays in conjunction with the Ohio Gun Collectors Association show. I do a display of the first Ruger Double Actions that I collect (the Security, Police Service, and Speed Six series).

Well, maybe if we have another one later on I'll make that one (hopefully not raining and dreary )
    Sorry to hear you can't make it x-ring. There will be another also this year. As for the weather, I can try my best. Last year we still had a decent turn out even with the rain. Hopefully this year it'll be sunny and we get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    We've put the date on the calendar and already have our load-out lists from last year with everything ready to go. My only thought was "Could you have picked a hotter day?"

About the only thing we'll add on are a few more flags so everybody knows what country this is, poncho liners for shade at one side or the other of a pavilion tent, and a cooler of frozen water bottles. Last year, we learned from the best....qmcorps.

A shout-out to PAhuntingfool for hosting this fun PAFOA event. And thanks RL for coordinating this kinder and gentler outing for seniors.

Ummm, we'll bring some bacon too!
    We picked July, so we don't conflict with the Pittsburgh shoots. We tend to get a lot of guys that go to both. At least you two are in some semblance of shape, I sweat in places I didn't remember I had last year .

Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Let me know if you need to come early to set up or not again. Think "cool thoughts" .

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast