Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: References for LTCF in Lebanon county

Thanks folks

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard20 View Post
    Thanks folks

Something else you may find interesting....

Northern Lancaster County Concealed Carry Seminars

http://www.senatoraument.com/concealed-carry-seminar/

Ephrata
    Manheim
    E-Town (Elizabethtown)
    Lititz
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lebanon County)

Thanks

(Indiana County)

Some differences between Pennsylvania and California (my opinion, at least):
    Open Carry: PA - legal statewide, no license required (except in Philadelphia). CA - Probably illegal in most places.
    License: PA - $20, must issue, 45-day timeframe max. No training, no testing, no fingerprints. CA - A whole bunch of bucks, get a psych exam, get officially trained. It still doesn't matter, most places won't issue a license.
    School Zone (not counting the federal crap): PA - With a license, it may or may not be legal to be on school grounds (the law is a little fuzzy and hasn't been fully adjudicated), but other than that you're okay. CA - Don't even think about getting anywhere within a mile or so of a school, even if licensed, even if you don't even know a school is somewhere in the area.
    Purchasing a handgun: PA - Go in, pick out what you want, plop down your cash, leave with your purchase. CA - Go in, pick out what they say you can purchase, pay your hard-earned money, and wait at least ten days.
    Purchasing a rifle: PA - Same procedure as purchasing a handgun. CA - Evil black guns prohibited, evil so-called "high-capacity" magazines prohibited.
    Visiting a county court house (for whatever reason): PA - Check your handgun at the entrance, get a receipt. CA - Don't even think about it.

Probably a few more differences.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    ^^^ this^^

Usually where I go to look stuff up.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Open Carry: PA - legal statewide, no license required (except in Philadelphia). CA - Probably illegal in most places.
    License: PA - $20, must issue, 45-day timeframe max. No training, no testing, no fingerprints. CA - A whole bunch of bucks, get a psych exam, get officially trained. It still doesn't matter, most places won't issue a license.
    School Zone (not counting the federal crap): PA - With a license, it may or may not be legal to be on school grounds (the law is a little fuzzy and hasn't been fully adjudicated), but other than that you're okay. CA - Don't even think about getting anywhere within a mile or so of a school, even if licensed, even if you don't even know a school is somewhere in the area.
    Purchasing a handgun: PA - Go in, pick out what you want, plop down your cash, leave with your purchase. CA - Go in, pick out what they say you can purchase, pay your hard-earned money, and wait at least ten days.
    Purchasing a rifle: PA - Same procedure as purchasing a handgun. CA - Evil black guns prohibited, evil so-called "high-capacity" magazines prohibited.
    Visiting a county court house (for whatever reason): PA - Check your handgun at the entrance, get a receipt. CA - Don't even think about it.

Actually this is a pretty good summary.

(Bucks County)

Just add the PICS check before you plop down your cash.

Tell the sheriff you don't know anyone in PA. As a matter of fact, you haven't even spoken to anyone other than him so he probably knows you better than anyone else in Lebanon County so you're listing him as your reference.

Bruce Klinger, Sheriff
    Lebanon County Sheriff's Office
    Room 3, Municipal Building
    400 South 8th Street
    Lebanon, PA 17042-6794

On a serious note, yes the references from the local county thing is BS. They do this so they have the option of actually visiting or speaking to the reference. I had a long discussion with my county sheriff a few years ago and they do this so they can also look at the background of the references. I guess if I listed a few career felons as references they may question my character

I'm waiting for some sharp lawyer to sue California after a shooting by a concealed carrier under the accusation that the required training was not sufficient.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I'm waiting for some sharp lawyer to sue California after a shooting by a concealed carrier under the accusation that the required training was not sufficient.
    Access to LTCF is CA varies by county. If I lived in a county in CA with the population of Lebanon, getting a license is no problem. You go get some training (no real standard), You shoot some at 76 yds. and you have your license. The problem is since most of the population is close to the coast and is progressive getting a license is a no go unless you are connected. Friend of mine owned a gun shop and was nice to the local PD. The local chief wrote a letter to the sheriff stating my friend needed a license. He got one, still had to cover a bond, qualify at 25 yds. with each gun, he might carry, but he get it. He was done nice with the sheriff office.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast