Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Oaks Extravaganza 4/01/16-4/03/16

That's not fair!

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerw1 View Post
    I don't understand. Normal gun shows usually cost $7 or $8 for 300 to 400 tables. How could anyone not consider $12 for 2000 tables a bargain? if you look at cost per table available, then this is the deal of the century. I think some people just like to complain.
    Considering the straight up garbage that 90% of your average gunshow is 2000 tables (which is never actually 2000) is just going to be lots of extra beanie babies, chinese knives (always sold by obese men) and Jimenez, davis and hi-point "$250 your choice".

(Lancaster County)

I am starting to think some of the complainers are working for other gun show promoters. So called "junk dealers" are only there because they make money. If you know of a better show than this, then you should attend that show. For Gods sake, quit whining every time a show is posted. One of the main reasons guys go to gun shows, is to get away from the whining. I am done with this subject and will not continue to comment on people that never seem to be happy!

(Clearfield County)

I am starting to think some of the complainers are working for other gun show promoters. So called "junk dealers" are only there because they make money. If you know of a better show than this, then you should attend that show. For Gods sake, quit whining every time a show is posted. One of the main reasons guys go to gun shows, is to get away from the whining. I am done with this subject and will not continue to comment on people that never seem to be happy!

I'm actually working with the reptilians and zionist jews, we want gunshows to close down so we can harvest blubber from all the unemployed chinese knife dealers.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post

I'm actually working with the reptilians and zionist jews, we want gunshows to close down so we can harvest blubber from all the unemployed chinese knife dealers.
    What about the jerky and pickle dealers?

(Delaware County)

I'm not in the market for cameo or beef jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    Fully agree with Remington. The old VF show often had good buys, particularly in the more "oddball" areas (Lugers, Ballister-Molinas, Lee-Enfields etc) but from attending two of the Oaks "equivalent" I will simply use the $12 towards something more useful at the LGS. Not being a lover of "black rifles or combat tupperware" I will look elsewhere. A C&R FFL 03 works wonders. Dave_n
    Between the $12 entry fee for tens of thousands ( 3 days ) and $80-$800 per vendor . They are making tens of millions a year of cash money ( they refuse to accept cridet cards or checks)

I know someone that is interested in creating their own gun show, he told me after they pay thier convention space rental they net between 8-12 millions a year ( cash )

I told him location and show timing are the most important factors.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    $12? I consider that greedy on their part (IMO).
    I'll find something else to do that weekend.
    Gun shows originally started as a movement - you know, supporting a market for the sale of antiques, collectibles, the right to own firearms, etc. Then they became a business - if a $7 fee is good, an $8 fee is better, a $9 fee is great, but a $10 fee with a $1 off coupon missed by most is the best! But at this $12 price point, I think they have become more of a traveling retail show with 70% of nearly identical merchandise - and have crossed the line with the $12 admission fee. I think we would all expect to be able to walk into our LGS without paying a fee, just because supporting your local shop is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    Fully agree with Remington. The old VF show often had good buys, particularly in the more "oddball" areas (Lugers, Ballister-Molinas, Lee-Enfields etc) but from attending two of the Oaks "equivalent" I will simply use the $12 towards something more useful at the LGS. Not being a lover of "black rifles or combat tupperware" I will look elsewhere. A C&R FFL 03 works wonders. Dave_n
    Auctions work fine too for 99% of what anyone is looking for: Alderfer's, Morphy's, Horst, Pocono Auction Gallery, and a few others. At some of those auctions, you may actually find what you're looking for - especially if you're a collector.

I don't understand. Normal gun shows usually cost $7 or $8 for 300 to 400 tables. How could anyone not consider $12 for 2000 tables a bargain? if you look at cost per table available, then this is the deal of the century. I think some people just like to complain.
    It's because there are nearly 1500 tables with the same Chinese-made crap on them. But you do raise a good point about the $12 fee: it really isn't any more expensive than the $10 fee. It's just that through the Federal Reserve's policy of printing money, what $10 used to buy now costs $12 because these days you don't get as much bang for the buck.
    - bamboomaster

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    What about the jerky and pickle dealers?
    With 2000 tables you need to recharge somehow!! Besides there is tradition to consider!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Auctions work fine too for 99% of what anyone is looking for: Alderfer's, Morphy's, Horst, Pocono Auction Gallery, and a few others. At some of those auctions, you may actually find what you're looking for - especially if you're a collector.
    They way some of the auctions have raised buyers premiums, a $12 gun show comes out good. Kudos for the auctions that have not gone crazy!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast