Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Tactical Response Training ND at Sacramento, CA facility

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    If the object of the exercise was to condition students to drop their handguns if / when told to by police, then that is a rather ridiculous premise. My initial take was that it was to condition students not to be concerned about maintaining a nice finish on their fighting handgun / gear and in that I would agree except to say a strong verbal emphasis not to worry about getting your handgun (or other gear) scratched should suffice.

In fact I once had a student who didn't want to drop their brand new magazines onto the deck so I had to place a piece of cardboard in front of him so his mags wouldn't hit the ground. Student was new to training as was his pistol and actually I don't think it's unusual to have an initial inhibition about roughing up your gear until you get the mindset issue ingrained. Something collectible? Yes. Obsessing over a weapon to be used for self defense? No.

In the days of sword fighting would you be apprehensive about engaging a threat because your blade might get scratched or dulled?
    As per Yeager's own words in his video he gave 2 reasons for dropping the guns during training. His first, which I found totally absurd was to show the student that they will not simply just switch hands if shot in the strong hand. He claimed that the gun will be dropped......well no shit. Dropping a gun after you are shot in your gun hand is something that I am convinced will occur without training start at 9:00 minute mark :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LvWtnIZpw

His 2nd reason was being obedient (to the letter) to exactly what the police are instructing. Now I probably don't have to tell anyone that has spent a good time analyzing police videos that it is not unheard of for one or more officers that are pumped full of adrenaline to give conflicting commands. From my experience and in hindsight that's really a training issue that should be addressed by the Police if it hasn't already. Training that I attended teach all the important phrases and the importance of issuing commands, but in reflection attention to what you are ordering isn't really empathized.

If you are being confronted by a police officer that is yelling at you to "drop the gun, get on your knees, put the gun down on & on & etc." you are stressed, he/she is stressed, I still submit that very slow & deliberate actions are best, but it's still a judgment call that you the gun user has to make. In an ideal situation the threat to you has been neutralized and you were able to place the gun in a holster or other safe place before the police arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You are correct. Consider this, sensitive primers do happen. They have been known to go off in the box when dropped. Its part of the reasons why you never point a loaded gun at anything you don't want to destroy. People don't talk about it much. Maybe we should.
    I agree & I hope others chime in to share their opinions.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm just spitballing here. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which guns are at risk of discharge from drop, but in your scenario, lets assume you drop your firearm and it goes off while Officer's are pointing their guns at you issuing commands. What reaction do you anticipate might follow? What if your gun discharges and strikes a cop? I'm just saying that a slow deliberate placing of the gun on the ground isn't necessarily a bad idea. YMMV
    You are correct! When I was a kid my Father would allow me to go to night court. He was a Constable.

One night two brothers (actual brothers, no pun intended) were fighting in an apartment building, and the Police were called. The two brothers both had hands on the Shotgun when the Police arrived. They were ordered to drop the gun and they did. When the Gun hit the floor it discharged. The pellets then went trough the wall and hit a cast iron pipe, came back out and hit two of the Police. IIRC both brothers did time in state prison!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    In the days of sword fighting would you be apprehensive about engaging a threat because your blade might get scratched or dulled?
    That may be true but I doubt that a swordsman would deliberately fling his fighting sword to the ground and stomp on it. I do know that swordsmen took great care of their blades.

(Wyoming County)

A few Tactical Response/James Yeager threads to resurrect so I chose this one.

James Yeager of Tactical Response has ALS. I wouldn't wish this on anyone but he just can't stop being James Yeager. I hate to say anything more derogatory about him.

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; July 21st, 2022 at 09:18 PM.

(Bucks County)

Jackazz.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    A few Tactical Response/James Yeager threads to resurrect so I chose this one.

James Yeager of Tactical Response has ALS. I wouldn't wish this on anyone but he just can't stop being James Yeager. I hate to say anything more derogatory about him.

Doing a hit piece video on someone in the condition is pretty fucked up, no matter who it is. If you've ever seen anyone die from that, it is truly horrible and I wouldn't wish it on most enemies.

(Wyoming County)

I removed the edited "scorned woman" version, and put up Yeager's actual video

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234