Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Tactical Response Training ND at Sacramento, CA facility

Follow the link in the OP. Tactical response is banned from that range now.

It seems a decent number of these training "Professionals" are either egotistic morons (see JY) and/or flakes getting in trouble in one way or another.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Who wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for that fantastic advice?...
    Its even worse than that per the link

an instructor instructed the students to throw their pistols on the ground, then the instructor proceeded to stomp on the pistols to make some point along the lines of "these things aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be tools, so treat them as such" (quotes mine).
    I'd tell him to kiss my black ass when he told me to throw the gun on the ground, I would beat his ass when he stepped on it.

(Lancaster County)

I have lots of tools, I take care to not throw them on the ground and stomp on them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wyoming County)

I took fast and accurate rifle there instructed by Dave Biggers it was a great class. I think you should take all info in life with a grain of salt. If it sounds stupid then don't do what you think is stupid.

(Lancaster County)

Well that's a shame. But then again who am I to judge? They've all had more experience and training than I.

(Lackawanna County)

Yeager did post a video about this. More than I expected to happen

I'm pretty sure the whole gun community has a pretty similar thought on Yeager.. He even posted a video in response stating that he gets most people hate him, then something about donating money instead of hating on him idk i had to force myself to watch the whole video a few days ago, the good gun channels cant seem to put out videos as fast as they can be watched i digress.

In theory the idea of the people baby their guns and yada yada yada i understand that, he even states that it is a big thing that when there is a shoot or a MWAG call and people are told to drop their gun they try to baby it and set it down softly when they should just drop that sucker on the ground.

I get all that, it makes perfect sense, but at the same time, if i have just dropped $500+ on something I'm not going to just needlessly throw it on the ground (stomping on it, don't get that cant figure the reasoning). Who's to say I didn't just get that specific gun 5-6 months before taking that class (which i would never take) and i want to keep my new $1,000 1911 or $3,000 SAI glock looking nice for as long as possible, its a class no need to hit shit with a hammer or scratch my gun for no reason, i just also know that if the time comes and i am ordered to drop my gun ill drop it no questions (if from an officer obviously)

(Cambria County)

Instructors frequently want to introduce, 'shock value,' into their training. I guess his plan backfired.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    I took fast and accurate rifle there instructed by Dave Biggers it was a great class. I think you should take all info in life with a grain of salt. If it sounds stupid then don't do what you think is stupid.
    So, if you're standing there and he tells the class to " throw 'em on the ground and stomp on them", you could say to yourself, "self, that's really stupid. I vote we don't do it!" But, you ARE standing there, and the other 10-20 goobers there do it. Suppose only ONE of those 10-20 guns goes off, are you ok with that level of risk? That much risk just so you can hand a few hundred bucks to a muscle-headed dumbass with an ego problem?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgreen10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the whole gun community has a pretty similar thought on Yeager.. He even posted a video in response stating that he gets most people hate him, then something about donating money instead of hating on him idk i had to force myself to watch the whole video a few days ago, the good gun channels cant seem to put out videos as fast as they can be watched i digress.

In theory the idea of the people baby their guns and yada yada yada i understand that, he even states that it is a big thing that when there is a shoot or a MWAG call and people are told to drop their gun they try to baby it and set it down softly when they should just drop that sucker on the ground.

I get all that, it makes perfect sense, but at the same time, if i have just dropped $500+ on something I'm not going to just needlessly throw it on the ground (stomping on it, don't get that cant figure the reasoning). Who's to say I didn't just get that specific gun 5-6 months before taking that class (which i would never take) and i want to keep my new $1,000 1911 or $3,000 SAI glock looking nice for as long as possible, its a class no need to hit shit with a hammer or scratch my gun for no reason, i just also know that if the time comes and i am ordered to drop my gun ill drop it no questions (if from an officer obviously)
    I'm just spitballing here. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which guns are at risk of discharge from drop, but in your scenario, lets assume you drop your firearm and it goes off while Officer's are pointing their guns at you issuing commands. What reaction do you anticipate might follow? What if your gun discharges and strikes a cop? I'm just saying that a slow deliberate placing of the gun on the ground isn't necessarily a bad idea. YMMV
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast