Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default "Just Leave It At Home"

Gun owners I know (and people who do not understand conceal carry or firearms) often tell me "if you can't carry it, just leave it at home" or simply "just leave it at home". Thoughts? It sounds dangerous to me to be without a firearm, and for that I am called an extremist.

(Berks County)

Default Re: "Just Leave It At Home"

Yeah, I leave my spare tire and jack home, too. I haven't needed them in years.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Gun owners I know (and people who do not understand conceal carry or firearms) often tell me "if you can't carry it, just leave it at home"...
    I don't understand this part. Can you give an example that would apply?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Me: Well I can't travel to MD to visit you because I cannot carry my firearm there, and the firearm is illegal.
    "Then just leave it at home".

Me: While I appreciate you wanting to take me out for a drink, you know I cannot carry a firearm and drink alcohol.
    "You see that is the extremist in you. Just leave it at home and you'll be fine. Nothing is going to happen".

(Berks County)

Just say "My life is more important to me than going to MD or to the bar".

I do mrat, but that is 'unreasonable' and 'extremist' according to friends I know, some not knowledgeable about guns and some who own firearms themselves. They think it 'unreasonable' that I cannot separate myself from my firearm (when in many cases I have in a proper gun free zone with security) and that I am a paranoid gun nut. It's frustrating that they see it that way and only that way. It surprises me that a person I know with a carry permit who has carried a gun in the past (not currently) has this mindset. Ironically, he benefits from me having my firearm on me (last year) 99.7% of the time.

How can other gun owners think like this? Obviously I don't care about being called an 'extremist' or a 'gun nut', but it does change people's perceptions of me. Because having 10 firearms (I don't count anymore), 1,000 rounds of .22lr, 1,000 rounds of 7.62 by 39mm and 400 rounds of 7.62 x 54r and supporting the NRA and carrying a gun is 'extremist'.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; March 3rd, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

(Chester County)

Some how, some way, we have to reach this conclusion: If you won't allow me the right to defend my self and I become a victim, then you will be held culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Gun owners I know (and people who do not understand conceal carry or firearms) often tell me "if you can't carry it, just leave it at home" or simply "just leave it at home". Thoughts? It sounds dangerous to me to be without a firearm, and for that I am called an extremist.
    I'm with ya fellow extremist! But its even worse when you insist on taking a long gun everywhere you go then your a domestic terrorist and thats a label i'm very proud of.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

I don't go anywhere anymore that does not trust me enough to bear arms.
    That has brought on some domestic heat from the House Dragon for shitting all over her idea to see some friends in Canada.

It's always a little condescending and insulting to encounter silly gun prohibitions.
    Over the last 30 years I have been armed (sometimes heavily) in the presence of many heads of state and vip's

I'm not saying the odd thought didn't run through my mind every once in a while...
    But- I never, ever did one damn thing to betray that confidence.

Extremest on my good man, extremest on.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Too much of a chore for me (to carry a rifle or AR/AK pistol nearby). Concerns about leaving any weapon in a vehicle unguarded for an extended period of time. Perhaps I should just drop the subject of firearms with people who believe I am paranoid when clearly I am not scared of anything. I prepare for situations, not fear them. I respond to situations, not wonder when the boogeyman is coming to get me. That's the idea at least.

My idea of an 'extremist' and others' idea of an 'extremist' are worlds apart. I pride myself on being a rational thinking person. I think, I reach my own conclusions based on evidence and I prepare for eventualities. The danger of being affected by a violent attack at least once in your lifetime is statistically significant for both males and females. Is it wrong to want to prepare for that? According to 'normal' people it is. This idea of 'normal', which is:

'nothing is going to happen'
    'just leave the gun at home'
    'you're paranoid'

is insane to me.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; March 3rd, 2016 at 03:06 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast