Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: "Just Leave It At Home"

No one knows I carry a gun, because I don't tell them.

(Allegheny County)

"if you can't carry it, just leave it at home"

You know, if I could predict the date and time that I would need my gun to defend myself or my family, I would "maybe" go with that thinking. (Yeah, who am I kidding!)

Since bad things can happen at anytime and anyplace, I (and my wife) made a choice to carry 24/7/365 many years ago (actually 30 years ago now).
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Me: While I appreciate you wanting to take me out for a drink, you know I cannot carry a firearm and drink alcohol.
    Why not? I haven't seen anything in Pennsylvania law about that. I believe that Ohio is different. In any case, you could always go out with your friend and have a soft drink.

(Chester County)

In 28 years of home ownership, my house has never burnt down, but I still keep my homeowner's insurance.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    In 28 years of home ownership, my house has never burnt down, but I still keep my homeowner's insurance.
    When/if you had a mortgage, you were probably required to maintain homeowner's. But I understand your point.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Why not? I haven't seen anything in Pennsylvania law about that. I believe that Ohio is different. In any case, you could always go out with your friend and have a soft drink.
    Yup, that's on you man. Not a law.

Personally, I feel that if you can't trust yourself drinking with a gun, you shouldn't be engaged in drinking or having a gun at all.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    When/if you had a mortgage, you were probably required to maintain homeowner's. But I understand your point.
    You are correct, but I haven't had a mortgage in many years, but yes the bank required it of course.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    Personally, I feel that if you can't trust yourself drinking with a gun, you shouldn't be engaged in drinking or having a gun at all.
    Well, just as I wouldn't want to drive when I'm knee walking drunk, I wouldn't want to be handling a loaded firearm when knee walking drunk.

(York County)

I refuse to leave home without my emergency rescue equipment. Why would anyone do that? It makes no sense.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Gun owners I know (and people who do not understand conceal carry or firearms) often tell me "if you can't carry it, just leave it at home" or simply "just leave it at home". Thoughts? It sounds dangerous to me to be without a firearm, and for that I am called an extremist.
    Prior to having a LTCF did you plan your travels based on whether or not there could be armed, law abiding citizens present? When you were 17 would you actively choose to not go somewhere because you were unarmed? If the answer to that is no, then I would tend to think that you're pointed in the extreme direction. If the answer is yes, then maybe we needed a better PICS For me, I did not carry for the first 30 years of my life. I feel no differently now when I am at the beach in NJ than I did during the first 30 years of my life. I don't feel naked, I don't feel scared, I am not in fear of my life (and I have been in all over Atlantic City, at all times of day/night, weekend/weeknight, alone/with company). Maybe I am a little more vigilant as I get older, but I attribute that to my right of passage to becoming an "elder".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast