Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Allegheny County shootings

I'm not sure...it might be just me noticing it more, but WOW...it seems like there is a shooting(s) almost every day lately in the Pittsburgh area. Living about 60 miles south of "da Burgh", I read a lot of the news from that area and also see it on TV.

Sure seems like it is getting more violent. Luckily I do not have to go there very much at all.
    It's been several years, in fact, that I've been in that area.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County shootings

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    I'm not sure...it might be just me noticing it more, but WOW...it seems like there is a shooting(s) almost every day lately in the Pittsburgh area. Living about 60 miles south of "da Burgh", I read a lot of the news from that area and also see it on TV.

Sure seems like it is getting more violent. Luckily I do not have to go there very much at all.
    It's been several years, in fact, that I've been in that area.
    meh...it's summer.

most summers seem to have at least a few shootings per week somewhere in "pittsburgh" (many of the shootings aren't actually in the city, but in various suburbs).

however, as long as you aren't a gangbanger either trying to move in on another gangbanger's turf or ratting out some other gangbangers, this doesn't really effect you.

(the news never seems to bother to mention that "the two teenagers who were shot to death while sitting in their car on XYZ street at 3AM" were selling drugs on some other drug dealer's turf...

or that the teenager who is shot the next night on XYZ street was the gangbanger who shot the original two teenagers whose fellow gang members have avenged their deaths...

or that the shooting the night after that was that guy's buddies avenging his death...

instead, they just interview some aunt or uncle who tells us all what nice and wondeful kids they were.)
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; August 12th, 2008 at 01:47 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    meh...it's summer.

most summers seem to have at least a few shootings per week somewhere in "pittsburgh" (many of the shootings aren't actually in the city, but in various suburbs).

however, as long as you aren't a gangbanger either trying to move in on another gangbanger's turf or ratting out some other gangbangers, this doesn't really effect you.

(the news never seems to bother to mention that "the two teenagers who were shot to death while sitting in their car on XYZ street at 3AM" were selling drugs on some other drug dealer's turf...

or that the teenager who is shot the next night on XYZ street was the gangbanger who shot the original two teenagers whose fellow gang members have avenged their deaths...

or that the shooting the night after that was that guy's buddies avenging his death...

instead, they just interview some aunt or uncle who tells us all what nice and wondeful kids they were.)
    How true of the bold statement. Personally, i'm tired of hearing about it. Maybe after some time of this, the thugs will eradicate each other. I could care less about some guy getting shot because he devotes his life to crime. It's even better than him going to prison, that way, the taxpayer's don't have to foot the bill.

Sounds like Philadelphia is exporting their latest culture to Pittsburgh.

BTW I live in Philadelphia , I also recently retired from the City of Philadelphia, It is a case of drug culture killings.

I hope you can get it under control , before it becomes totally out of control as is the case in Philadelphia.

Our Mayor blames it on the guns instead of on the viloent pieces of sh1t that do this stuff.

My prayers are with you .

Ed