Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default DETERMINATION or being PO'd (2 short videos)

Today I started my quest to bury a horrific last year shooting. I have never been a good shot, but last year was a friggin' killer. Took the .204 out today, bore sighted it at 25 yards and kept turning the turrets, until I had a one holer down the middle. Up / Down I will fix later. Did a lot of homework this past winter on using mil dots. Stopped at 25 yards and went for the gold at 300 yards. That was my 'kiss of death zone' last year on groundhogs. Took 2 hots at 300. I calculated off of the paper, down the middle, but 10 inches high. Did a play back on my camcorder, it does not lie. YIKES ! What did I do wrong, it came out right ????

Walking out to the target, WOW--these wheels of mine are a bit wobbly. The Golden Years Price ! Took target back to my usual 1 inch high at 200, all is good.

Cripes I look like poop. Lying prone in the mud, sore, neck hurts, hell I had a beaut of a time just gettin' up off of the ground. Heard a whisper, 'hey fossil give one a ride at 400'-----------Whoever that was is 'friggin' crazy. I am not walking out there 400 yards with a target and back, then to my truck. PISS OFF you !

Hold on, let me see if there is something stickin' up in that cut corn field. YES, a small stalk and right at 400. Do the math. 6 clicks up---make it 7 or 8 (self doubt). Stick with 6. Then the voice, 'give it a ride old guy, I won't laugh and your the only idiot out here'.

At the end of the clip look fast above the x and at the base of the stalk (where I held). Just maybe a dirt bath. Time to go home.

Where did all of the aches go ???? Fossil--------HOLY COW ! It worked. Posted a slow mo of bullet going toward stalk at 13-18 second mark or am I seeing things ??????? -----Going FULL SCREEN on youtube, you can really see the darn thing.
    Last edited by ImAfossil; March 1st, 2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: add video & spelling
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Wayne County)

Default Re: DETERMINATION or being PO'd (2 short videos)

What was the outcome Fossil, practice, practice, practice?
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; February 29th, 2016 at 01:18 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    What was the outcome Fossil, practice, practice, practice?
    Qtrbore got it right-------I chewed up a lot of ammo Sunday. Not sure if the source was taking things for granted, got lazy. Easy answer is practice. YUP ! My groove is executing fundamentals. Now I have a comfort level.

I won't hit them all, but giving the Grizzly a good scare puts me back in the game. I'm ready.

fossil

PS: Catching that bullet in Slo Mo was an unexpected bonus. Now I gotta' figure out how I pulled it off.
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

In your 300m yrd shot you have a good breeze , but were straight down the middle. Even the best shooters miss, don't be to hard on yourself!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.